Windows 10: Random freezing while using a PC I built.

Discus and support Random freezing while using a PC I built. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new PC that I built and i'll include the parts at the end. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. Eval copy. Build 10565. This machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zachart96, Oct 22, 2015.

1. zachart96 Win User

Random freezing while using a PC I built.

I have a new PC that I built and i'll include the parts at the end. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. Eval copy. Build 10565. This machine randomly freezes on me(No BSOD) and I haven't been able to figure out the cause. It does not matter what i'm doing whether it be, browsing the web, downloading driver packages, checking email.. etc. I feel that i'm experienced enough to figure these things out with 3 years of troubleshooting experience, A+ certified and i'm a SQL dev. So any help is appreciated!

Motherboard - ASRock FM288X Extreme4+
    CPU - AMD A8 7600 3.1GHz 4M FM2+
    RAM - 4x 4GB PNY DDR3 2133MHz CL10
    OS is booting from SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB
    2 - 2TB HITACHI ULTRASTAR HDD's for storage
    TP-LINK N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Wireless Card
    Graphics - Radeon R7 360B 2GB GDDR5 D5 DP HDMI 2XDVI
    1 300GB HDD is hooked up because I was recovering data for a buddy
    Logitech K350 Bluetooth K/M combo
    PSU - Enermax REVOLUTION Xt GOLD 630W

Right now I only have 1 23" Dell Monitor hooked up to DVI because I wasn't sure if it was the other 2 causing the graphics card to freeze up.

HARTSDESKTOP-Fri_10_23_2015_115241_01.zip

:)

zachart96, Oct 22, 2015
  2. Tripledz Win User

Windows 10 Random Freeze

I am having this same issue, just a random freeze... there's no viruses and nothing appears to be wrong with the computer. Every once and a while if I'm using the system it just freezes.

Tripledz, Oct 22, 2015
  3. BSOD WINDOWS 10 DRIVER ISSUE??? Gaming PC build

I have tried to analyze the DMP files myself, but still can't quite figure out what's going on. This is a new gaming PC build(3 months since built). I've had anything from random mouse and keyboard freezing to random crashes. I do have an older hard drive(but
    i doubt that's it). I upgraded this pc from windows 8 to windows 10 .Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Documents

Kentucky16, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

First thing to check is that it's not a overheating issue. Monitor your cpu and gpu temps and make sure the fans are all working properly and that air flow is correct.

Kanata, Oct 22, 2015
  5. sn00ker Win User
    What drivers have you installed already ? Also, was the cpu already attached to the MB or did you have to install it ? Instead of having 4 stick of ram install try just using 2 and switch them up if it still freezes and the same goes with the hard drives, just use the one with the OS. Remove as much as possible with hardware and just use bare minimum

sn00ker, Oct 22, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    To monitor your temps, you can either watch them in BIOS, or download this program which is a well respected piece of software.

swarfega, Oct 23, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    sn00ker, Oct 23, 2015
  8. BBen79 Win User

Did you Overclock ?
    You might want to reset the bios to default. (See how it goes from there then tweak you're settings if it's stable).
    Test your'e memory overnight (Use Memtest and let it run in loop before you go to bed).
    As mentioned above check you're motherboard version and use the latest one\previous one if there a issue.

It might be hardware or software you need to figure that part out.

Logically if it freeze no BSOD that would be related to the hard drive driver if it ain't an hardware issue.

I would start with that and see how it goes.

BBen79, Oct 23, 2015
  9. Slugger Win User
    Your power supply is pretty low. 630 watts
    http://www.visiontek.com/graphics-ca...m-requirements
    600W power supply (or greater) with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology in dual mode.

I would go with a 750 watt or higher power supply.

Slugger, Oct 23, 2015
  10. zachart96 Win User
    So to give you amazing guys a update, I used speed fan to watch my temps and they never got too warm. The ATX case with all accessories inside has a total of 10 fans. I tested each stick of ram individually and in combo pairs and it still kept freezing. So I got annoyed and headed out for a while.

I came back to see the post sn00kerhad posted with the link to the BIOS issue, I followed through with downgrading the BIOS version and haven't had a lock up yet!

Normally by now the machine would have locked up. So thank you to everyone who chimed in with help and especially sn00kerfor finding the gem!

I'll go ahead and marked this as solved!

zachart96, Oct 23, 2015
  11. sn00ker Win User
    Good on you for getting it solved .... We are all glad here

sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freezing while using a PC I built. - Similar Threads - Random freezing while

2. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  4. Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC: I will get random crashes every couple of days while idle or not. My pc specs are Rtx 3060 Ryzen 7 5800x 24GB of Ram one stick is failing so I removed it and a b550c-m motherboard I've been getting this every time I crash. ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  5. Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC: I will get random crashes every couple of days while idle or not. My pc specs are Rtx 3060 Ryzen 7 5800x 24GB of Ram one stick is failing so I removed it and a b550c-m motherboard I've been getting this every time I crash. ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  6. PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.: Hello, i have issue with my Windows 10. I had been facing this issue for almost 2 months where my PC crashes randomly when im using it. I had performed all the diagnostics test which preloaded in my PC which is HP, i never found a issue that cause this problem. I had also...
  7. PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome

PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome: PC randomly freeze while browsing chrome freeze for 30 sec and restartthe issue only happened when i was using hardware acceleration enabled app like chrome and discordthese are we i have done so far- use ddu to uninstall the driver- reinstall driver- use performance mode in...
  8. PC randomly freezes while gaming

PC randomly freezes while gaming: Hello all, my PC started to randomly freeze while I am playing games,without showing a BSOD,but there are minidumps from those freezings/crashings. Here is the Vlog collector : DESKTOP-A00HG2C-(2020-07-13_11-45-17).zip My OS is Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  9. Pc freezes randomly only while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezes randomly only while playing games: submitted by /u/ShadyMS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr3bt2/pc_freezes_randomly_only_while_playing_games/
  10. BSOD at random times while using PC

BSOD at random times while using PC: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes time frame. I was not using my PC. It was turned on, idling. After the first BSOD, the PC restarted and within 3 min another...