Windows 10: Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Discus and support Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wkenny26, Sep 19, 2015.

1. wkenny26 Win User

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or KERNEL_POWER something, and many more..

My PC Spec are :
    CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 955BE OC 3.6Ghz (I already tried stock clock, didn't help)
    Mobo : MSI 870A-G54
    VGA : XFX Radeon 5770 1GB DDR5 OC (stock clock also didn't help)
    RAM : 4GB DDR3 Team Elite (Tried cleaning it and test using windows memory diagnostic)
    CPU Cooler : CoolerMaster Hyper 103
    DVD : Samsung DVDRW IDE
    USB Device : No-brand bluetooth adapter, TP-Link USB Wifi adapter

When still on Windows 8, it also BSOD like now, and I think I already update all my driver.. Here I attached the BSOD debug information according to BSOD posting instructions...

I really appreciate any help and advice, thank you! Please let me know if you guys need further information!

Attachment 38396

:)

wkenny26, Sep 19, 2015

2. Multiple BSOD suddenly.

BSOD are more frequent now, seems to be random, doesn't matter what im doing.

JoshuaDonaldson89, Sep 19, 2015
  3. DIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE causing BSOD at random times

Please upload no more than five copies of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.
    No more than five files please.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type Folder Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide
    protected operating system files
    " is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file.
    To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R
    , type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for
    the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi wkenny26,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are several causes for the crashes.

Please uninstall AVG using the uninstall instructions, a few drivers have been flagged.

Please check for driver updates for the USB Wifi Adapter from the manufacturer or Realtek
    Please make sure you have the most recent driver.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm rtwlanustart end module name fffff801`9f3f0000 fffff801`9f7a5000 rtwlanu T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlanu.sys Image path: rtwlanu.sys Image name: rtwlanu.sys Timestamp: Mon Feb 16 07:42:38 2015 (54E1915E) CheckSum: 003A17A5 ImageSize: 003B5000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please check AMD for GPU driver updates
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm atikmpag start end module name fffff801`9b630000 fffff801`9b6d9000 atikmpag (deferred) Image path: atikmpag.sys Image name: atikmpag.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 03:45:00 2015 (55D7D41C) CheckSum: 000B0025 ImageSize: 000A9000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`9d300000 fffff801`9e80f000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 04:10:03 2015 (55D7D9FB) CheckSum: 014A3688 ImageSize: 0150F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. wkenny26 Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, I encountered some weird problem..

I followed your advice to uninstall AVG, however after uninstall my wifi adapter stopped working and refuse to connect to internet.. After a lot of tinkering and driver reinstall I finally got it working again..

Now for AMD GPU driver, I already have the latest installed, which is 15.7.1.. And what driver exactly is Realtek? My Wifi adapter is TP-Link, and I just plug and play it without installing any driver.. I think Realtek is my ethernet or onboard audio..

Anyway I will continue using my PC and report if any BSOD occured... Thanks for your help!

wkenny26, Sep 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is a Realtek driver for a device called 300Mbps Wireless High Power USB Adapter.
    Look in the device manager

The TP-Link adapter uses a driver called athw8x.sys.

7. wkenny26 Win User
    Hey guys!
    I just had another BSOD about 5 minutes ago *Sad
    I was just watching youtube and about to fast forward the video...

I made another dump file, check the latest one, thank you!

Attachment 38651

wkenny26, Sep 20, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

I find the following in the current dump file
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time - Similar Threads - Random frequent BSOD

2. Various BSODs, highly frequent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSODs, highly frequent: I've been receiving multiple BSODs frequently as of a week now. The errors seem to be varied, I've caught a few IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kernel security check failures, along with some others ntoskrnl has been the cause a lot of times. I've caught some other errors and...
  3. Various BSODs, highly frequent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSODs, highly frequent: I've been receiving multiple BSODs frequently as of a week now. The errors seem to be varied, I've caught a few IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kernel security check failures, along with some others ntoskrnl has been the cause a lot of times. I've caught some other errors and...
  4. Completely Random BSODs of various causes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Random BSODs of various causes.: Hey all, I've been having some problems with my system for about 2 months now. I get really random bluescreens for all types of causes, APC Mismatch, IRQL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, etc. I've run fix after fix, checked my ram about 10 times now using memtest, aida64,...
  5. Completely Random BSODs of various causes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely Random BSODs of various causes.: Hey all, I've been having some problems with my system for about 2 months now. I get really random bluescreens for all types of causes, APC Mismatch, IRQL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, etc. I've run fix after fix, checked my ram about 10 times now using memtest, aida64,...
  6. Completely Random BSODs of various causes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC frequently encounters various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe

PC frequently encounters various BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I built a PC last year with: TUF B550-PLUS/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/ G.SKILL Aegis 16GB/ Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 and things went well for a weeks and two. Then BSODs kept on happening randomly when ever I'm not using my computer with...
  8. Frequent BSOD with various reasons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD with various reasons: Hello, I have been getting sporadic BSOD with reasons such as Memory Management or Kernel Security Checks off and on for months. I have tried everything I could find online from updating all my drivers and running the driver verifier to reinstalling windows entirely. As a...
  9. Frequent Various BSOD crashes

Frequent Various BSOD crashes: Hello, for the last 2-3 days out of nowhere the last 2-3 days my computer has been getting a variety of different BSODs. Many of which point to faulty hardware, drivers, or memory problems. I've tried a few things including updating any outdated drivers, and restoring the...
  10. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...