Windows 10: Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod.

Discus and support Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I am usually pretty self sufficient when it comes to building/troubleshooting computers, but i am at a complete loss on this one. :/ So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sanztrack, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Sanztrack Win User

Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod.

Hello!

I am usually pretty self sufficient when it comes to building/troubleshooting computers, but i am at a complete loss on this one. :/

So, I rebuilt a PC for a friend with a bunch of new parts and it started crashing about a week after he took it home (specs below). At first it was crashing ALL the time...playing games, watching twitch, anything. It would just randomly do a hard reset and restart normally without any sort of error codes, pop-ups, or even a bsod. I really mean random too, i desperately tried finding some consistency to the problem, but no luck on that.

Long story short, i have tested and swapped just about every part in this computer (except for the dvd drive). I have ran Memtest overnight on several occasions with no errors. I have checked and rechecked all bios settings and nothing is overclocked, memory timings are all dialed in correctly. Temperatures have not surpassed 55C on the CPU, and 70C is the max on the GPU. I have done a completely fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and installed several different versions of drivers (and yes i cleaned out the old files after each uninstall). I unchecked that little box that auto restarts on system failure. I've read through several posts on stuff similar to this and tried different suggestions. Nothing. This was even happening with Windows 7 beforehand.

All of this, among other things i can't quite remember at the moment, have only slowed down the crashing to a minimum. After installing a new ssd and installing slightly older drivers, it seems to have cut down the crashing quite a bit. Right now it has reset twice in the past 24 hours, and it has only happened after exiting games, specifically BF4 and Garden Warfare.

I have checked the Event Viewer several times and three things pop out at me.

1) Kernal-Power (event id:41)
    2) Whea-Logger (event id:20, AMD Northbridge)
    3) bug-check (event id:1001)

It seems like it is trying to tell me there is a fatal error with the CPU...but i have pretty much ruled out every possible hardware issue there could be at this point, including lack of power and bad video cables.

i want to say it is a driver issue of some sort...but i am running a barebones OS right now with only the essentials running, and i have tried several different driver versions to no avail. I am totally dumbfounded and hopefully you guys could delve into my dmp files and help me out since i have no idea how. Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod. :p

Here's the specs, and i appreciate any help! Debugging files are attached.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    -AMD FX-8120
    -Gigabyte 78LMT mATX mobo
    -2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    -Corsair CX 600w Bronze
    -MSI GeForce 960 2GB (355.58 driver installed, graphic and audio drivers ONLY)
    -OCZ Trion 100 120GB SSD
    -WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    -Enermax Ostrog case w/ several 140mm fans

I'm going to bed for now, ill check back tomorrow while I'm at work and provide any needed info. Thank you!

:)

Sanztrack, Nov 3, 2015

2. N8- No text tone, vibration or pop ups.

how many home screens are you using?

the only other solution ive seen here is a power cycle hold the menu button down for about 8 seconds BACK UP YOUR DATA first

techbuzzireland, Nov 3, 2015
  3. N8- No text tone, vibration or pop ups.

IN PROFILES look at the warning tones select to on?

techbuzzireland, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Sanztrack Win User

Also, I just finished running BF4 for about 24 hours straight without it crashing, and Garden Warfare for about 8 hours straight without a crash...until i exited out of the game. THEN it crashed.

Sanztrack, Nov 3, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Sanztrack,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

axe0, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Sanztrack Win User
    Hi Axe, thanks for the reply. No worries on timing, I'm patient Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod. :)

Unfortunately, yes, i do still need help. Here are the updated files.

Sanztrack, Nov 8, 2015
  7. Sanztrack Win User
    Thank you Axe,

I will go through those tests again tonight and report back in the morning. Nothing is overclocked. If everything comes back clean, i will try and get the computer to crash and upload updated debug files as well.

Sanztrack, Nov 9, 2015
  8. Sanztrack Win User

Ok, so i have run all above mentioned tests. No issues were reported with any of them.

Sanztrack, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Sanztrack Win User
    The computer just crashed again, here are the updated files.

Sanztrack, Nov 11, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    No record of new BSOD's
    What kind of a crash was it?
    • BSOD Crash
    • Sudden restart/shutdown crash
    • Freeze crash

11. Sanztrack Win User
    Sorry for the really delayed responses, work is killing me...

Last night i came home and checked the event viewer. There was another Kernal-41 at 7:11PM, though i was not home to see it. Im assuming it had another hard reset, though i could be wrong. The computer was idling at the time.

Sanztrack, Nov 12, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Do you see a new minidump in the minidump folder located at c:\Windows?

13. Sanztrack Win User

This is the one and only dump there is. Looking back at event viewer, i got another kerna-41 at 9:49 that same night. Again, i did not see it happen. no other errors are showing up in event viewer now. I also just updated to nvidia's newest drivers which were released on the 9th, so hopefully that helped or fixed it.

Sanztrack, Nov 12, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Run the DM Log Collector tool and upload the new zip.

15. axe0 New Member
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    The zip is empty of the most recent dump file.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

Thema:

1. Random hard resets with no errors, pop-ups, or bsod. - Similar Threads - Random hard resets

2. Random window pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random window pop up?: So I keep getting a random 'window pop up' quite frequently on my PC. Like when you open a new window or application, it puts the one your on in the background. For example, I'll be gaming and the game will go to the background as if another window has opened, and I have to...
  3. Cmd randomly pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd randomly pops up.: This is randomly poping up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-randomly-pops-up/d9752362-df1d-4fa4-b18c-5f960b8e31fe
  4. Cmd randomly pops up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd randomly pops up.: This is randomly poping up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-randomly-pops-up/d9752362-df1d-4fa4-b18c-5f960b8e31fe
  5. CMD pops up randomly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD pops up randomly: A couple of days ago I installed a patch for Photoshop and right after that I am facing this problem. This cmd window pops up at startup and after that it randomly pops up and disappears. This is really annoying. I have tried everything, Malwarebytes, Rkill, running...
  6. Random pop-ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random pop-ups: Hello everyone!So as usual i cleaned my laptop, and made sure everything is clean, i made sure to clean the keyboard aswell, after i was done i opened the laptop but i noticed something unusual, the notification bar on the left keeps opening and closing and the same thing...
  7. Random Dll errors pop up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Dll errors pop up: Some malware had entered my computer and had managed to make a change in the Windows registry that causes an error message while using Windows Defender. I went to the system registry and navigated to the path HKEY_Local_Machine \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows...
  8. Random error popping up about activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random error popping up about activation: [ATTACH] So I have my pc for over a year now, including a valid key I bought. Had no issues for over a year. Now I performed a clean install, logged in with my Microsoft account and activation was successful. Now a few days later, every day, this "Error" message just pops...
  9. CMD pops up randomly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD pops up randomly: Sometimes, when I am using the computer a "CMD" window opens up before closing again. It doesn't seem to do anything though. But when I start up my computer, sometimes a file is edited. Also, I noticed some weird files in my computer. They could not be edited without...
  10. Random CMD popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random CMD popping up.: Hello everybody ! I tried to download something from the internet like a month ago and ended up by getting lots of malwares. Malware bytes took care of most of them but I think one is still here. 2 random cmd windows pop up one after another really fast minimizing any full...