Windows 10: Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

Discus and support Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a problem which was started 2 or 3 weeks ago, the windows slows down after 4-6 hours of usage. Usage stats: CPU ~20% | RAM 46% | Disc 0%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by golddragon007, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

I had a problem which was started 2 or 3 weeks ago, the windows slows down after 4-6 hours of usage. Usage stats:

CPU ~20% | RAM 46% | Disc 0% (<0,5Mb) | Network 0% | Processes: 332 | Threads: 4306 | Descriptors(?): 152498

CPU: i7-4700HQ (2,4GHz)

RAM: 32GB

System runs on SSD, and there's an SSHD as secondary.

Slow down inludes:

- mostly on first page load in chrome

- opening any app (WPF and tradicional too)

- using GitExtension UI for git is really painfull (git from console is good at least from Bash on Linux on Windows)

- usually if a program started to run, there's no issues then with it (at least PHPstorm)

Currently I turned off right now BitDeffenders profiling, because maybe it hacks something with CPU priorities...

:)

golddragon007, Jul 10, 2018

2. Random dpc latency

Hi, i am sorry i cannot do that.

I tried many times but when the latency begin my pc is completely instable and unresponsive, it's VERY difficoult start any kind of program, even shutdown it is very complicated...

I found a little workaround which is not so comfortable... Basically when stutter begins i just need to restart my pc and it will works again.

This latency happens very often if my pc is on for hours..

I think the main problem could be with my motherboard driver (which are not windows 10 specific).

If you have any suggestions i will be glad to test it.

JohnnyPicciafuochi, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

Random CPU usage spikes

Hello,

User profile corruption can cause high CPU usage as it
    opens programs that are not necessary on the background
    . To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

1. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage - Similar Threads - Random latency slowdowns

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  5. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random Slowdown of Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Slowdown of Mouse: Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse. Seemingly randomly, the sensitivity of the mouse will drop and won't return to normal unless I replug the mouse or restart the computer. My Settings: This is what my mouse properties are in Windows....
  8. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...
  9. Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown every few minutes - SHCore.dll?: Hello, So I've been trying to identify this issue for months and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I've checked EVERYTHING, and I can't trace where the lag is coming from. Reinstalled Windows multiple times and experience the lag. According to Process...
  10. Memory leak after a few hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak after a few hours: Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much. I can't know which program causing this because it...