Windows 10: Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

Discus and support Random Mouse Lagging and beeping ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys how are you? Since yesterday im having this issue, my mouse starts lagging and beeping and i cant do anything else at the pc, the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wsarahan, Mar 2, 2016.

1. wsarahan Win User

Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

Hi guys how are you?

Since yesterday im having this issue, my mouse starts lagging and beeping and i cant do anything else at the pc, the keyboard still works but if i turn the pc off or try to restart nothinh happens, i need to to press the reset button

Is something like this video i found at internet

https://www.youtube....h?v=YuolB3uESyA

I don`t know if is realted but yesterday i instaled the new update at windows update
    My windows version is the 1511 (10586.122) and my mouse is a Corsair M65 RGB

Thanks

:)

wsarahan, Mar 2, 2016
  2. DanielYQ Win User

Mouse Beeping and Lagging

My mouse is doing a random beep sound when I move it.

And it often lags.

I really need help, I cannot work with a bad mouse.

Thanks,

Daniel

DanielYQ, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Dazza1967 Win User

I am having the same issue with my Corsair M65 RGB mouse initially lagging and causing the mouse buttons to stop responding (even after unplugging and plugging the mouse back in) after turning my wireless Xbox One Elite controller off after last week's KB3140743
    cumulative update. This issue also prevented my PC from restarting or shutting down as it would get stuck on the shutting down screen.

I have posted about this issue here: Windows 10 and laggy Corsair mouse issue after latest updates and here: Issues with M65 after windows update. - The Corsair User Forums

I managed to resolve the issue by uninstalling KB3140743 and then blocking it from reinstalling by using the Hide/Show Update tool. Not exactly user-friendly at all considering how Windows 10 seems to just install updates without any prior consent from the
    user!

Alas, my PC downloaded a new cumulative update, KB3140768, this morning as I noticed the mouse buttons had stopped responding after playing Tom Clancy's The Division with my Xbox One controller and turning said controller off. I checked Windows Update and
    saw that the update had been applied. At least the lagginess is gone but since it causes my mouse buttons to stop working as well as preventing my PC from restaring/shutting down then I would not describe this as a fix. However, it may fix the issue for others
    if lagginess is all they were experiencing.

I have reported the issues with KB3140743 and KB3140768 via the Windows Feedback tool but it's anyone's guess as to when Microsoft will actually fix it. Looks like I may have to repeat the uninstall and block procedure for every cumulative update until they
    do. Of course, the only way I will know it is fixed is to install these in the first place. Still annoying though to have something as simple as your mouse effectively broken from a Windows Update. These things are supposed to fix bugs not create new ones!!!

Dazza1967, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

I've also started having this exact problem in the past 24 hours. I had just re-overclocked everything so i was worried something was overheating but this means it must be a software issue.

No idea what causing it though.

natedawg3654, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Registered just to say I'm having the exact same issue. Some people are attributing it to a game called FarCry Primal, but I think the release of 1511 and FC Primal are coincidental and so this problem is being mis-attributed. I get the problem whether or not I've played the game and therefore blame the recent Windows update. The only solution for me when this happens is to power off the computer because a normal reboot or power down won't work.

edit:

Please see this. I use an Xbox One controller, so I'm almost certain this is the issue:

Random Mouse Lagging and beeping ! : Windows10

edit #2: lol that was your reddit post wsarahan *Smile

ChewyWaffles, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Yea i ended up finding that thread too. It's definietly the wireless xbox dongle.

Thanks

natedawg3654, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Mr Joey Win User
    I've had, and seen, this issue on many machines with many Win10 builds.
    The issue almost always comes down to an update to a USB hub controller... Most often ASMedia, and sometimes VIA Technologies.
    Bring up Device Manager, click on the view menu and select "view hidden devices", then expand your USB devices and look through the list. Where you go from here depends on what you see. Sometimes I've had to simply delete/uninstall an ASMedia hub and then reboot (windows will find it again and re-install the driver).

All this assumes your keyboard and mouse are connected via USB. Now-a-days most are, whether wired or wireless... I don't know anybody still using the old PS2 ports.

Check your USB hubs. In one case, I had to bring up an ASMedia hub and click properties and instead of updating the driver, I had to roll it back one version to get it to work. Most of the time though, just updating, or uninstalling and then doing a reboot (forcing windows to re-find, and re-install the hub controller) works.

In the cases I've encountered, the lagging and slow movement of either the mouse or keyboard really makes the whole system pretty unusable. In every case it's been some sort of USB issue.
    Good Luck,
    Mr. Joey

Mr Joey, Mar 5, 2016
  8. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping !

Yay, fixed! Thanks for posting, this took a while to solve. I had exactly the same problem, but at least it was 100% reproducible which made it easier to determine if something solved it. I just bought an XBOX adapter so that my sons could use the XBOX One controllers on PC to play games, and every time they were done the mouse would beep when you clicked. Just moving it around the screen made it beep like crazy, and when you rebooted (via keyboard controls), it would get stuck at the blue Restarting... screen. I needed to hardware reset to get it to reboot.

Uninstalling KB3140743 fixed it for me. I have played 2 long sessions with the XBOX adapter, and whereas previously I could reproduce the issue 100% of the time, I no longer have it. I also installed the Microsoft "Show or Hide updates" package, and selected 3140743 not to auto-install. Works like a charm now.

Rooster6975, Mar 6, 2016
  9. I have the same issue when playing a game with the xbox one controller on my PC. I've tried this and will update on whether it has worked.

EDIT: It worked a charm. No more issues whatsoever.

shaffy0227, Mar 6, 2016
  10. Chris2005 Win User
    I had this issue after using an Xbox One controller in Watch Dogs... everything was fine until I unplugged the controller, then when I'd click, I get a beep, hard reset via reset button was the only way to fix the issue.

Chris2005, Mar 7, 2016
  11. Hello, having the same issue on 2 different machines. Do you mind letting me know what KB3140743 is, and how to uninstall it?

Deltabugles, Mar 8, 2016
  12. Chris2005 Win User
    KB3140743 is a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 released on March 1, 2016.

Hopefully the new Cumulative Update (KB3140768) just released yesterday (March 8, 2016) fixes the issue, if not, it'll likely be in the next CU, at least, we can only hope. lol

Chris2005, Mar 8, 2016
  13. Daz1967 Win User

I had been having this same issue with my Corsair M65 RGB mouse becoming very laggy and the mouse buttons not working since Windows Update installed cumulative update KB3140743 last Wednesday. This issue also stopped my PC from restarting and shutting down as it would get seemingly stuck in a never-ending loop forcing me to have to use the reset button on my case.

The issue seemed to be triggered not just by using my wireless Xbox One Elite controller but when I turn it off. As I use the controller for most of my PC games this issue was somewhat problematic to say the least. I managed to fix it by uninstalling KB3140743 and then using the Show/Hide Update tool to temporarily block it from installing. That completely fixed the issue.

However, this morning my PC installed another cumulative update, this time the newer KB3140768, and rather than fix the issue completely, it again caused problems. This time though the mouse does not lag; I can move it just fine. No, now it's just the mouse buttons that don't work and, of course, I can no longer shut down or restart my PC either. As long as I do not use the controller then my mouse and PC work fine. I have again uninstalled this update and blocked it.

So it looks like I might be having to do this for every cumulative update until Microsoft actually get round to fixing it! I have reported the issues with KB3140743 and KB3140768 via the Feedback tool but experience tells me that we could be waiting a while for fix, particularly if it is restricted to specific combinations of hardware which not everyone will be using.

Daz1967, Mar 8, 2016
  14. Daz1967 Win User
    See my reply above. Sadly, no this issue is not fixed with the latest cumulative update, at least not on my system. It may be different for others though because the lagginess is certainly gone but since it renders the mouse buttons inoperable then it really is not a fix for me.

*sigh*

Daz1967, Mar 8, 2016
  15. steckdev Win User
    I just started having this issue after the latest update. I have a G710 Keyboard and G502 Mouse which have performed amazing and no updates to those drivers. But the windows 10 just popped up a windows saying HEY JUST INSTALLED AND UPDATE! I'm like crap! I hate you windows 10. But the lag on this is awful. Whether it is the mouse unable to continue in a straight line for more than a couple seconds. Or typing this and dealing with a dozen pauses in typing from the stupid OS not being able to update.

steckdev, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping ! - Similar Threads - Random Mouse Lagging

2. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  3. my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging: I have 5 mice 1 is wireless and 4 is wired and every one of them can randomly beep and lag my whole system causing it to randomly black my screen, any help? submitted by /u/Fuzzy_Drop8480 [link] [comments]...
  4. Mouse Lagging and Beeping

Mouse Lagging and Beeping: I'm having an issue, a big part of the issue is I'm not entirely sure how to describe it properly. It seems like my mouse sometimes the keyboard too will temporarily freeze for half a second or maybe 2 before then completing all the inputs I had given during that time, for...
  5. Mouse Beeping and Lagging

Mouse Beeping and Lagging: Okay so this seems to be a bit of an old glitch, but I still have it going on to me. I play Minecraft on a hp laptop, decent quality. Everyone has been saying that this was because of an Xbox controller plugin, though I've never once used one on my laptop. What occurs is...
  6. Beep then mouse lag

Beep then mouse lag: I have a problem with my mouse in games such as fornite and counterstrike. My problem is that when I press the eg right-click or mouse wheel several times in a row I hear a sound in my headset and then my mouse starts lagging back and forth. I have tried switching mouse and...
  7. Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound

Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound: Random mouse beeps and lag randomly happen whatever I am doing on my PC, especially when clicking fast, not my mouse as issue happens whatever mouse I seem to use. Started happening a couple months ago. Specs: Omen Laptop GTX 1060 6GB I5 8GB DDR4...
  8. Windows 10 Random beeps and lag on mouse when there is mouse input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Random beeps and lag on mouse when there is mouse input: This issue was fixed temporary with a previous post with the same reason but the problem emerges after restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-random-beeps-and-lag-on-mouse-when/1fed5c01-185a-4d05-90ad-0448d2996186
  9. Random Mouse lag and beeps upon mouse input while in-game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Mouse lag and beeps upon mouse input while in-game: This occurred recently and I have tried updating mouse drivers, disable them and reconnecting the mouse. Still no clue what I should do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-mouse-lag-and-beeps-upon-mouse-input-while/a2f0e872-e144-4f9f-a6eb-f2bbd94468a9
  10. Mouse lagging and beeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lagging and beeping: I suspect that bug of random lagging and beeping when users moving their cursor stills exist The XINPUT related one discussed in here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-lagging-and-beeping/56dda487-6bfc-4981-b1b3-0276f90c3c5d...