Windows 10: Random multiple BSOD

Discus and support Random multiple BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have built a gaming PC last year and since day one I've been getting BSOD with typically this kind of messages: irql not less or equal page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luds, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Luds Win User

Random multiple BSOD

Hello,
    I have built a gaming PC last year and since day one I've been getting BSOD with typically this kind of messages: irql not less or equal page fault in nonpaged area.

At that time, I think I handled that by disabling the automated page file.

But since two days I keep having thoses BSODs again. While playing (most of the time) or just by using chrome.

I tried to re-enable the default page size but it does not seems related this time.

Attachment 146945

Asus Z170-Ai5-6600K
    GTX 1070
    2 x G Skill Ripjaws F4-2133C15-8GRR
    CT250BX100SSD1 (250 GB, SATA-III) (Windows)
    Crucial_CT525MX300SSD1 (525 GB, SATA-III) (Games)

Thanks for your help

:)

Luds, Aug 2, 2017
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Multiple Random BSOD's - Help Needed

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 2, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Random multiple BSOD

Random multiple BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Aug 2, 2017
  5. Luds Win User
    I ran Memtest last night (about 12hours).
    It complete 4 passes. Is it normal it took so long for only 4?

I decided to reinstall windows. During installation I met 3 BOSD with similar error. The minidumps are here
    080317-4906-01.zip - Google Drive

Luds, Aug 2, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    16GB could take around 1 day to 2 days to reach 8 passes.

At what phase was the installation process when each BSOD occured?

axe0, Aug 2, 2017
  7. Luds Win User
    I might reconsider Memtest.

It happened right after the installation wizard with preferences, mail, etc

Luds, Aug 2, 2017
  8. Luds Win User

Random multiple BSOD

I just got a new one with BAD POOL Header.

The BIOS has the default settings. Is there anything I should enable / disable?

I can't explain why I have BSOD on fresh install.

Luds, Aug 3, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    The only reason is hardware or BIOS.

I strongly suggest to perform the memory test a.s.a.p.

axe0, Aug 3, 2017
  10. Luds Win User
    Thanks for info,
    I just launch a new Memtest on first ram stick. Wait and see.

11. Luds Win User
    Hi,
    Here is my last investigations/tries :
    I ran Memtest and had 8 passes without errors.
    I freshly reinstall Windows 10 on two differents SSD => BSOD after 1-10 min.

In safemode I installed those two drivers (note I had to restart the service msiserver and make some change in registry to get it work )
    - Intel Management Engine
    - Intel Lan drivers

=> got BSOD after 2-3 min

I disabled fastboot in bios.

In safemode I never encounter BSOD, I'm writing this message from the computer in chrome.

In safemode I can't run Windows updates

Here is the last logs: Attachment 147662

Thanks for the help

12. axe0 New Member
    I don't presume you made a photo of Memtest result as requested?
    The photo does not only show the result of the test, but also specifications about the memory and CPU so we do not have to ask about them *Smile

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

13. Luds Win User

Random multiple BSOD

Thanks axe0,
    I'll rerun Memtest tonight *Smile

(I've updated my System spec)

14. Luds Win User
    Okay!
    So I had already erased the usb with Memtest. So I reinstall it and noticed I had an older version (5.x I think it was with a blue screen).
    So I installed and ran the v7.
    Here's the screen after a few minutes. Is that a dead RAM?

15. axe0 New Member
Thema:

Random multiple BSOD

1. Random multiple BSOD - Similar Threads - Random multiple BSOD

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  4. Multiple random BSOD

Multiple random BSOD: I get multiple BSOD daily. Or i can go days without getting one. It doesn't matter if my cpu or gpu is at 100% or at 10%, I still get BSOD. The majority are the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I run the verify.exe from system32 and it would crash...
  5. Multiple random BSOD

Multiple random BSOD: I get multiple BSOD daily. Or i can go days without getting one. It doesn't matter if my cpu or gpu is at 100% or at 10%, I still get BSOD. The majority are the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I also get: KERNEL-AUTO-BOOST-LOCK-AQUISITION-WITH-RAISED-IRQL...
  6. Multiple random BSOD's

Multiple random BSOD's: Hello there! I'm new here and i was wondering if someone could help me solve these random bsod's i'm having. They happen at random times with no consistent pattern at all, i'm either surfing Chrome, playing games, or simply away from the computer. I've formatted my PC...
  7. Multiple random BSODs daily

Multiple random BSODs daily: Hi guys! It all started a couple of weeks ago when I had an automatic update. After the computer restarted, it froze for eternity until I have to end some windows program what was not responding (I forgot the name). After restarting the computer, the same windows program...
  8. Random BSOD, Multiple Bugchecks

Random BSOD, Multiple Bugchecks: I have been having problems with BSOD for about 8 months now. I thought I had fixed the problem by completely wiping everything and starting anew. Though recently the problem has resurfaced. At first I thought it was my RAM going bad and I have had a few sticks go bad. So I...
  9. Multiple Random BSOD

Multiple Random BSOD: Timing seems odd. Only happens when not actively using hardware. For example will reboot when watching video or reading. Won't reboot while typing or navigating with mouse. Never had a BSOD until upgrading to 10. Attachment 23132 7709
  10. Multiple BSODs randomly occuring

Multiple BSODs randomly occuring: I've had this laptop for a while. 6-8 months or so. It's used, but some stuff had been updated by my dad. I'd almost bricked it once trying to fix this issue myself. Basically, I'm at my wits end. The various error codes make me think it's a driver issue, but I've updated...