Windows 10: Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup

Discus and support Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Decided to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 and already starting to regret this decision. I'm getting Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal NDIS.SYS BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shuriken, Sep 27, 2015.

1. shuriken Win User

Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup

Hi,
    Decided to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 and already starting to regret this decision.
    I'm getting Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal NDIS.SYS BSOD errors several times a day. This is happening randomly. Most often shortly after the screensaver turns on but other times this is unrelated to the screensaver and can happen anytime.

Also, since moving to Win 10, I'm not able to use the home network to transfer files between the local computers. I join the homegroup, it works for a bit and then suddenly it tells me "access denied" when I try copying files across. Don't know if this is related to NDIS.SYS.

I thought I could fix it in Registry but there are so many different entries related to NDIS that I don't know where to begin.

I checked my network drivers and they all seem up to date. The NDIS driver is quite new too - 19th July. My manufacturer does not offer any driver upgrades that could be related to this problem.

Please see the report attached.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

shuriken, Sep 27, 2015

2. Lumia 950 XL Constantly Crashes after latest update

Hi,

Update time...............

NO UPDATE!!! Not even from a company the size of Microsoft.

The only thing I can say is do not let your phone drop below 70% - never have a problem.

50% - 70% - Randomly crashes in random apps

Below 50% - Crashes on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonRiches17, Sep 27, 2015
  3. nicolaj1982, Sep 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi shuriken,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

The crashes are caused by the BlackBerry Virtual Private Network.
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates.
    If your manufacturer doesn't have driver updates, please check here
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rimvndis6_AMD64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rimvndis6_AMD64.sys 3: kd> lmvm rimvndis6_AMD64 start end module name fffff800`55040000 fffff800`5504a000 rimvndis6_AMD64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rimvndis6_AMD64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\rimvndis6_AMD64.sys Image name: rimvndis6_AMD64.sys Timestamp: Wed Mar 20 14:56:02 2013 (5149BFF2) CheckSum: 0000DFC8 ImageSize: 0000A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. Random NDIS.SYS crashes and drops from the Homegroup - Similar Threads - Random NDIS SYS

2. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  3. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  4. Hertz randomly dropping from 120Hz to 60Hz

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hertz randomly dropping from 120Hz to 60Hz: Hello, I have had a problem for about a year now with my laptop. My hertz randomly drop from 120Hz to 60Hz, However, the Hertz remains at 120Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel. What I do to fix it is just changing the resolution to a lower one than switch back to 1920x1080, and...
  5. Random kb drops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random kb drops: I am using Windows 10 1909. I have a TL Wn8200Nd v2. Compatible with w10. I recently did a fresh install of the windows to solve the issue without solution. I have constantly kb drops making games unplayable online games. I've tried reinstalling driver, uninstalling the...
  6. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...
  7. laptop dropped from homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop dropped from homegroup: The laptop dropped out of the Homegroup. It had factory installed Windows 10 but I have Windows 7 running on it to match with the other computers in the Homegroup. I can't even find "Homegroup" in settings on the Laptop....
  8. Homegroup Continually Dropping

Homegroup Continually Dropping: Hello all, I have a customer that has a Homegroup setup for two of his computers. Every couple of months he'll call in stating his Homegroup doesn't work. When looking at his computers, they both say they are joined to a Homegroup. However, when navigating to it, there...
  9. WiFi is Randomly Dropping

WiFi is Randomly Dropping: Hello My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The...
  10. Desktop suffering from stuttering, FPS drops, and random crashes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop suffering from stuttering, FPS drops, and random crashes.: Hello all, This is the first post I will be making outside of the welcome page. My Desktop computer has been having issues with games constantly stuttering and occasionally crashing for what seems like no reason. There are error logs reported on Event Viewer for the...
Tags: