Windows 10: Random network printers listed

Discus and support Random network printers listed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please don't shoot me down if it isn't. I have the Windows 10 preview installed and went to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SirGrimshaw, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Random network printers listed

OK, not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please don't shoot me down if it isn't.
    I have the Windows 10 preview installed and went to add my printer last night, when the OS searched for it on my network it brought back a list of about 20 or so network attached printers. I have only 1! The printers seemed to belong to some company with offices in various locations around the UK. I'm assuming this is not normal. Anyone else have this issue? Oh and my printer wasn't listed. The laptop is a clean install and has never been connected to any other networks. It had been a long day but I'm sure I wasn't imagining it...although it is a distinct possibility.

:)

SirGrimshaw, Jun 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

New Windows 10 - not an upgrade. I have installed 3 networked printers. If I go to Devices and Printers, they are not listed. Some local printers are listed: Fax, Microsoft Print to PDF, Send to OneNote 2016.

However, if I open Wordpad and select print, I can choose the network printers and I'm able to print to the printer. If I look under Print Queues in Device Manager, the local printers are listed.

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers, the networked printers are listed.
    Any way to get them to show in the Devices and Printers applet?

Cardinal_Biggles, Jun 8, 2015
  3. Historical printers are trolling me

Hi Joe,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to add the printer to the network.

Please provide us the following information:

• Are you on domain network?
    • Do you get any error message\ code while adding new printer?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article:

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 8, 2015
Thema:

Random network printers listed

1. Random network printers listed - Similar Threads - Random network printers

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.: I've lost a complete day to this utter nonsense. Ever since the morning my pc wasn't connecting to my mobile hotspot and not showing up in the connections list. Even if it did show up it wouldn't connected to the internet saying it can't connect to the network. Then out of...
  6. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list: How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change...
  7. Network Printers going offline randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printers going offline randomly: I am supporting an office of about 15 users. All the users upgraded or received new Windows 10 machines last year. All Dell. Late in the year, their network printers from the print server would display offline. Restarting the local print spooler fixes it, but it keeps...
  8. multiple printers listed

multiple printers listed: Hi, how do I remove multiple listing of the same printer from windows 10? it only shows up on my Mail App and properties of the Printer. thankx. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. HP printer not showing in printer list

HP printer not showing in printer list: I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine. However when I try to print anything else the...
  10. Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer: Hi Guys, I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At...