Windows 10: Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes.

Discus and support Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every night I turn my computer off using the shut down function, and most mornings I wake up to find it is on. I have tried to fix this by finding out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by taketwicedailey, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes.

Every night I turn my computer off using the shut down function, and most mornings I wake up to find it is on. I have tried to fix this by finding out what programs are turning it on in command prompt. When I type,

powercfg -lastwake

I get:

Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 0

Also:

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

returns:

NONE

Which is concerning to me. I have gone to various settings and disabled "Allow to wake" checkboxes for my mouse, keyboard, network controller, and everything else I can think of. I even looked through most of the Task Scheduler tasks and found that none of them were allowed to wake the computer. I am at a lost as to how this is still happening...

Help is appreciated.

:)

taketwicedailey, Sep 12, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Sep 12, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Sep 12, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes.

Have you turned off automatic maintenance? Control Panel >> Security and Maintenance >> Maintenance >> Change Maintenance Settings >> Uncheck Allow scheduled maintenance ...

PJLLB, Sep 12, 2015
  5. I had not looked at these settings before, but when I did just now I found that scheduled maintenance was set for 2 AM (which I changed to 6PM) and that the "Allow scheduled maintenance to wake the computer at the scheduled time" box was already unchecked. I didn't find an option to "turn off scheduled maintenance".

taketwicedailey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes.

1. Random nightly wake-ups, even after doing the "usual" fixes. - Similar Threads - Random nightly wake

2. Night light is reset after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Night light is reset after wake up: I have night light set up to turn on on the schedule. It works. I also have my screen turning off after 15 minutes of idle. The problem is the night light disappears after the screen is turned on. If I go to night light setting, it says it is turned on. If I turn it off and...
  3. wake up at 12am every night

in Windows 10 Customization
    wake up at 12am every night: my pc wakes up at 12 am every night, i have turned off all devices from device manager, looked at all the scheduled tasks and nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-at-12am-every-night/6b44b6f4-227b-4d3e-85d7-61032bfefce7
  4. Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light randomly disabled after screen wake up: sometimes when i turn on my screen the night light is disabled but it's still ON in the notification sidebar toggle, so i have to press 2 times the toggle to turn it ON again, anyone know a fix for it? submitted by /u/winzupdatee [link] [comments]...
  5. Computer wakes up during the night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wakes up during the night: I have a problem in connection with Windows Update. An event called Universal Orchestrator Start wakes up my laptop during the night. I tried to edit it in the event scheduler, but it is asking for username and password I dont know. I would like to find out what my password...
  6. Computers wake up at night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computers wake up at night: Right so, to start, it's windows update orchestrator that's waking it up. About fifty percent of the time I put my computers to sleep it'll wake them up at the dead of night and keep them at the lockscreen permanently until I shut the computer down. Multiple times during the...
  7. Wake up during Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wake up during Night: How can I prevent the UpdateOrchestrator to wake up my computer at night? I already turned off all the other stuff that keeps waking up my computer but now they added a new task "Backup Scan" that keeps waking up the computer at intervals. I don't even have backup turned...
  8. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping: I have a Surface Laptop 2 (i5/8Gb/256Gb) and it's working fine until I go to sleep and close it down for an extended period of time. In the morning (in 8-10 hours) I put up the screen and it's not reacting, so I should press the Power button. MS logo turns up and computer...
  9. Random BSOD, usually when waking up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, usually when waking up: Can someone interpret this? I ran memtest x8 and my RAM wasn't working. BIOS is at its latest same with video card. 121854
  10. Bsod usually on wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod usually on wake up: Hi, i hope someone here can help me. i just installed windows 10 and have bsod. Checked drivers updated and memory test and hard disk all is good. crahes usually on wake up. before had windows 7 and same problem *Sad please help... thanks 29680