Windows 10: Random Reboots/Won't Wake From Sleep - m/kb unresponsive

Discus and support Random Reboots/Won't Wake From Sleep - m/kb unresponsive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on an old Phenom II machine that I've been using for years. I never had problems with it on 7 or 8.1 but am having plenty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frewster, Aug 30, 2015.

1. frewster Win User

Random Reboots/Won't Wake From Sleep - m/kb unresponsive

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 on an old Phenom II machine that I've been using for years. I never had problems with it on 7 or 8.1 but am having plenty since I upgraded to 10.

My biggest issue is the computer becoming nonresponsive and only working again after a forced restart. This only seems to happen after the displays have gone to sleep. For example, today and yesterday I was playing music while doing schoolwork at home. The displays went to sleep and the audio was fine for ~20 minutes until it bugged out and was stuck in an repeating audio loop. I tried to wake up the displays, but the keyboard and mouse were nonresponsive - couldn't even turn on/off numlock lights, etc.

I've uploaded a log but I don't know where to begin. I removed my soundcard and the problem still occurs so that isn't it. All event logger says that I can find is "unexpected shutdown."

Any help is very much appreciated... I keep on losing work when I walk away from my computer and it hangs.

:)

frewster, Aug 30, 2015
  2. kaiyee Win User

My LG Optimus 7 reboots by itself almost everyday

Similar issues with mine: bought in June in Singapore, works fine for a month or so & started having problems with random rebooting issues, wake up from sleep mode on its own, no sound from speaker during calls & music playing, keyboard tone disappeared...

I was planning to send it to service but I think it won't help after reading posts from forum. One thing does help the issue with sound & waking from sleep - by plugging the Ear Piece on the phone! No sure if it helps on the rebooting issue.

kaiyee, Aug 30, 2015
  3. rra_78 Win User
    Windows 10 sleep issues

ZigZag--Here are the results from the elevated command:

powercfg /A

"The following sleep states are available"

Standby (S3)

Hibernate

Huybrid Sleep

Fast Startup

powercfg /waketimers

"There are no active wake timers in the system."

powercfg /lastwake

"Wake history - 0"

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

"NONE"

Additionally, I added 120 minutes to the hibernate, but still had the issue this morning of power on, yet unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

rra_78, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Random Reboots/Won't Wake From Sleep - m/kb unresponsive

1. Random Reboots/Won't Wake From Sleep - m/kb unresponsive - Similar Threads - Random Reboots Won't

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  4. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  7. Windows 10 random wake up and reboots from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 random wake up and reboots from sleep?: I just built my first PC and finally installed Windows 10 on it a few days ago and thought the problems were finally over, however, now I am noticing that when I put my computer to sleep, and it stays in sleep for some time, it randomly turns back on and restarts the computer...
  8. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  10. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...