Windows 10: Random Restarts on HP ProBook

Discus and support Random Restarts on HP ProBook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andrewdsmit, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Random Restarts on HP ProBook

Hi

I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts the laptop. I though it was the upgrade from Win 8.1 but the same thing happens after a fresh install. HP have confirmed that they have some issues with Windows 10 on their machines. Any solution from an HP user? Thanks.

:)

Andrewdsmit, Sep 24, 2015

2. random restarts

a couple weeks ago my HP laptop started doing random restarts for no reason. I've had HP tech on the phone for 4 days and still random restarts.

mrelectric, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Unable to access external hard drive

Hi Andre

The W10 Professional was pre-loaded on the HP Probook 450 - I'm not sure what the previous version was.

The version is 1709 (OS Build 16299.125) licensed to HP

I uninstalled and restarted the notebook - no change

The drive is plugged into a USB 3 port.

Regards

DavidJH_217, Sep 24, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Random Restarts on HP ProBook

Hi, have you checked the event log to see if anything shows up?
    (I have an HP G60, which came with Vista, and works reliably, but a whole different set of hardware and drivers is a different matter).

If your PC originally came with an earlier version of Windows or has earlier drivers available and you can identify the restart being driver-related, you might try an earlier version of a driver, if that's applicable in your case.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response. Will try some old drivers for Chipset and video and see if it makes a difference.

Andrewdsmit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random Restarts on HP ProBook

1. Random Restarts on HP ProBook - Similar Threads - Random Restarts ProBook

2. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  3. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  4. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b: I have an HP ProBook 6460b laptop with me but I can not see Bluetooth device in "Device Manager" and it does not connect with any blue tooth device i.e. Bluetooth speaker or handsfree. I much explored for driver on all search engines but could not found its driver. Kindly...
  6. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  7. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  8. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with HP ProBook 6475b: Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III...
  9. HP ProBook 4520s random freezes when starting up to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    HP ProBook 4520s random freezes when starting up to W10: Hi, I am facing one of the weirdest most difficult problems I've ever faced. A friend of mine gave me a HP ProBook 4520s laptop because it was really bad: random shut downs, freezes, very slow... it had Windows 7 Pro. By the way, the battery is damaged so I can't use a...
  10. Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b: Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I recently was given a HP ProBook 6460b Laptop with brokenhard drive I have tried putting the operating system on a bootable usb flashdrive just to see if the computer works with no luck. I have downloaded an iso for the...