Windows 10: Random restarts without a notification

Discus and support Random restarts without a notification in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I recently started having issues with my PC running Windows 10. The PC boots normally and i can properly log in to my account. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ybg, Feb 3, 2018.

1. YBG
    ybg Win User

Random restarts without a notification

Hello!

I recently started having issues with my PC running Windows 10.

The PC boots normally and i can properly log in to my account. Everything seems to be working normally and 15-20 minutes later it reboots without showing any notification.

Here are some logs for your review before i start hardware troubleshooting.

Thanks!

HOME-04-Feb-18_175649_35.zip

:)

2. Random restarts with and without bluescreen

I've done test like memtest, furmark, crystal disk, stress test and etc.

I also changed power settings like don't let the hdd sleep, and disable fast boot.

Mikel Gonzalez Alabau, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Random restarts with and without bluescreen

Hello I read a lot of problems in this forum that are the same as mine but I can't find a solution.

My computer is getting this annoying code error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." event id 41 task category 63.

But I don't know what more to do, any help would be nice.

Random restarts without a notification [​IMG]

Mikel Gonzalez Alabau, Feb 3, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

There were no crash dump files to analyse. I can see that you had a crash on 31/01/2018 from the error log:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x0000000000000008, 0xffffe500e4409f70, 0xfffff58b94b65ac0, 0xfffff8019aa93263). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8b696f51-cf1c-40b6-98dd-525a8cb6304e.

This was followed by:
    The dump file at location: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP was deleted because the disk volume had less than 25 GB free space.

Please try and create some extra space on your hard disk so that you can save the dump files and provide us with more information. It will also help by allowing the pagefile to increase in size. A 0x7F bugcheck is often related to memory problems.

I also noticed that you have very many errors like this:
    Code: Event[1784]: Log Name: System Source: hcmon Date: 2018-02-01T18:18:23.611 Event ID: 0 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: HOME Description: Detected unrecognized USB driver (\Driver\usbfilter).[/quote] The AMD USB filter driver needs updating.

philc43, Feb 3, 2018
  5. YBG
    ybg Win User
    Thank you for your response.
    I just updated AMD drivers (that were released two days ago).

I will monitor for future reboots and report back.

6. YBG
    ybg Win User
    Hello,

As i said, i monitored the behavior of the PC after installing AMD drivers. I also installed the latest Asus drivers and the issue seemed to be resolved until just some minutes ago when it restarted again. I would like to add that there is another account on the PC which does not seem to be affected.

Around the time of the restart i still get Warnings regarding the USB driver (although updated) and Errors like the following:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I am attaching today's logs. Is the Diagnostics section in dxdiag any helpful?

HOME-12-Feb-18_233946_64.zip

I haven't yet managed to free disk space but i will try to do it in the next days.

Thank you.

7. YBG
    ybg Win User
    Do you think it's a hardware or OS issue? What checks have you done so far?

I performed another stability test with AIDA64. The first time the PC rebooted a few seconds after the test started. After the reboot, the test kept going without any issues. I'm stuck!

8. YBG
    ybg Win User

I am updating this thread as the issue persists. I have again collected logs that you can find below.
    I did not manage to find the Memory.dmp file although i have more than 25GB free disk space. Any idea for this?
    Can anything be observed from the recent logs?
    Note that i have successfully completed a MemTest.
    HOME-08-Apr-18_203420_80.zip

9. chrislad Win User
    It's not just you mate I've had the same problem for months, can't seem to solve it. Good luck

chrislad, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Random restarts without a notification - Similar Threads - Random restarts without

2. PC randomly restarting without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting without BSOD: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  3. PC randomly restarting without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly restarting without BSOD: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  4. PC randomly restarting without BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unexpected Windows 10 x64 restarts without notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Windows 10 x64 restarts without notification: Hi All,My work Lenovo X1 Gen6 laptop running fully licensed corporate Windows 10 x64 is configured to always notify about the need to restart. While usually it does so indeed in such cases I always restart it within several hours max, so no pending updates have to wait even a...
  6. Unexpected Windows 10 x64 restarts without notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Windows 10 x64 restarts without notification: Hi All,My work Lenovo X1 Gen6 laptop running fully licensed corporate Windows 10 x64 is configured to always notify about the need to restart. While usually it does so indeed in such cases I always restart it within several hours max, so no pending updates have to wait even a...
  7. Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Randomly Restarts Without Warning: About two weeks back I got a new laptop and almost everyday I seem to be facing restart issues. While working the screen goes black and the laptop restarts. This happens once almost everyday. There is some thermal throttling when it happens but the laptop doesn't seem to be...
  8. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  9. WINDOWS RANDOM RESTART WITHOUT BSOD

WINDOWS RANDOM RESTART WITHOUT BSOD: HELLO GUYS, WHEN I WAS PLAYING A GAME YESTERDAY MY PC RANDOMLY RESTART. THEN I SEARCHED EVENTS LOG AND I FOUND 3 ERRORS: 1 BUS/INRERCONNECT ERROR; 2 CACHE HIEARCHY ERROR. I HOPE TO FIND A SOLUTION, THANK YOU...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc restarting without notification

2. windows 10 restarts without notification