Windows 10: Random shutdowns

Discus and support Random shutdowns in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good morning, good evening depends when you are reading this. So, i'm running asus x550c windows 10. Recently ive come across to these weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by goldie, Mar 10, 2017.

1. goldie Win User

Random shutdowns

Good morning, good evening depends when you are reading this.
    So, i'm running asus x550c windows 10. Recently ive come across to these weird shutdowns. As it seems, my computer will shutdown randomly without any warnings, and when it does shutdown, i can't turn it right back on. it takes 2 - 3 mins to turn it back on.
    It's not overheating. i checked windows log. and shows some kind of error.
    if necessarry i can copy it here.

Thanks.

:)

goldie, Mar 10, 2017
  2. dustyetc Win User

windows 10 shutdown colors

Are the Windows 10 shutdown screen colors random, or is a sepia shutdown different from green, yellow or red?

dustyetc, Mar 10, 2017
  3. SadReshi Win User
    Random Shutdowns

I can try the screenshot thing but the problem with chkdsk is that my computer shuts off before it finishes

SadReshi, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Random shutdowns

Welcome to the TenForums @goldie

Please post the error.

In the meantime is your battery in good shape? I ask as Windows Power Options now has setting for what to do when the battery level becomes critical. On one laptop when the battery level went critical it was set to shutdown. This battery is shot so the only way I can run it is plugged in yet it would still would register critical every so often and would shut down. Something to check.

Go to your power plans and then Advance.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2017
  5. goldie Win User
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    L: - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-15T11:32:58.991046100Z" />

<EventRecordID>11418</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="892" ThreadID="2160" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer></Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

L: - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>

<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>

<Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>

<Data Name="param4">{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>

<Data Name="param7">SYSTEM</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-18</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>

<Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

and in general

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

goldie, Mar 15, 2017
  6. goldie Win User
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

goldie, Mar 15, 2017
  7. You may wish to read this thread. Looks very much the same .

Local Activation Permission

I would have a Restore point, a backup of the registry and a Macrium Reflect image made before I made any changes to registry.

Not saying to make changes, but if you are considering.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random shutdowns

1. Random shutdowns - Similar Threads - Random shutdowns

2. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  3. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  4. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  5. Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation

Random shutdown and reboot with no real explanation: This happens sometimes when I close a game and sometimes happens in the middle of a game. The system just shuts down and reboots by itself sort of like a restart, I checked the event viewer and this what it gives meif that helps, someone please tell me what is...
  6. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  7. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  8. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  9. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  10. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x550c random shut down