Windows 10: Random Slowdown of Mouse

Discus and support Random Slowdown of Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse. Seemingly randomly, the sensitivity of the mouse will drop and won't return to normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielDC88, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Random Slowdown of Mouse

Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse. Seemingly randomly, the sensitivity of the mouse will drop and won't return to normal unless I replug the mouse or restart the computer.

My Settings:
    This is what my mouse properties are in Windows.

Random Slowdown of Mouse [​IMG]

This is what the mouse's Performance and DPI settings are like in CUE.

Random Slowdown of Mouse [​IMG]

Neither of these appear to change when the DPI drops.

The Issue
    I normally use the mouse at 12000 DPI but I estimate it falls to around 4000 when the problem occurs.
    One odd behaviour I've noticed is that when the mouse slows down, the DPI for the sniper button is similar to what it was before.
    If I place my mouse to the left edge of the screen and the left edge of my mouse pad and move all the way to the right and then hold the sniper button and move left, I find that normally I only make it 25% of the way there. This makes sense since the sniper dpi is one quarter the normal DPI.
    When the mouse slows down and I repeat this, I get about 80-90% of the way back when holding the sniper button. I don't have pointer precision (mouse acceleration) on so the speed I move won't affect the results of this test.

My System:
    I'm running up to date Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit with the latest version of CUE 1 (don't want to go to 2 yet as I rely heavily on my profiles and it crashed anyway). I have an 97 6700K and Asus Maximus VIII Gene motherboard which I would imagine are the only relevant specs here. I also have a K95 RGB plugged in.

Things I've Tried:

• Reinstalled CUE (Corsair Utility Engine) 1.16
    • Forced a firmware update on the mouse.
    • Restarts
    • Different profiles in CUE.
    • All the different USB ports.
    • Reinstalling Mouse Drivers from Device manager.
    • Toggling enhanced pointer precision.

The issue still occurs with CUE not running, so I think it's a driver or Windows issue.

This is naturally driving me completely insane so I would really appreciate a solution.
    I've also posted to the Corsair forums: Random Slowdown of Mouse - The Corsair User Forums

Thank you!

:)

DanielDC88, Oct 2, 2016

2. KB4038788 Update Sept. 12 2017

Same issue here on our testing group of computers in our office. Web pages can take up to 20 seconds to load. Lots of random slowdowns and recovers.

AnthonyMeluso, Oct 2, 2016
  3. kb4038788 messed up edge browser

Same issue here on our testing group of computers in our office. Web pages can take up to 20 seconds to load. Lots of random slowdowns and recovers.

AnthonyMeluso, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

Random Slowdown of Mouse

1. Random Slowdown of Mouse - Similar Threads - Random Slowdown Mouse

2. pc slowdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc slowdown: How should I go on discoverimg what are the cause of the slowdown of my pc. Such as double clicking shortcuts or opening page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/5d244e12-e2e8-4218-bb49-eaa32bd59c75
  3. Slowdown laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowdown laptop: Hello.I have a Z510 Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Many times, after a short time of working with a laptop, its speed slows down drastically. After this slowdown, when I restart or turn off the laptop, I face another issue. The problem is that it takes a long time to shut...
  4. Random user on my Lenovo Ideapad 3, and crazy slowdown

Random user on my Lenovo Ideapad 3, and crazy slowdown: There is a random local account on my laptop that I didn't make, and when I try to remove it, it always comes back. I've tried through the normal means, command prompt, and through the run command. But it never goes away. Also, ever sense this has been here my computer has...
  5. PC slowdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slowdown: How should I go about detecting and correcting the causes of a slowdown in a PC's response to things like double-clicks on a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/d4d8d854-3b2b-474a-98b0-31b10b0e03ca
  6. PC slowdown

PC slowdown: How should I go about detecting and correcting the causes of a slowdown in a PC's response to things like double-clicks on a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-slowdown/d4d8d854-3b2b-474a-98b0-31b10b0e03ca
  7. PC slowdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Help! Random slowdown on everything, and slow gameplay for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Random slowdown on everything, and slow gameplay for no reason: Hi there! I have a problem today, and I've tried looking online, but to no help. For some reason, recently, My windows has been running slow, and games running at 30FPS and now running at 7FPS for no reason. My GPU, CPU, And RAM usage is the same. I'm completely puzzled....
  9. Windows Slowdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Slowdown: When I go to shutdown at night my PC sometimes runs very slowly and I notice that the "action" light on my PC indicates that some process is going on. In order to shut down I then press the switch on my PC and it restarts. I then go through the shut down process in the normal...
  10. Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random latency and slowdowns after a few hour of usage: I had a problem which was started 2 or 3 weeks ago, the windows slows down after 4-6 hours of usage. Usage stats: CPU ~20% | RAM 46% | Disc 0% (<0,5Mb) | Network 0% | Processes: 332 | Threads: 4306 | Descriptors(?): 152498 CPU: i7-4700HQ (2,4GHz) RAM: 32GB System runs on...