Windows 10: Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers

Discus and support Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this infuriating problem. My desktop randomly freezes up, and a buzzing sound emits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by studsr, Oct 4, 2017.

1. studsr Win User

Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this infuriating problem.

My desktop randomly freezes up, and a buzzing sound emits from my speakers. This can happen anytime, when writing a Word document, watching a movie, playing a game etc.

The reset button on my front panel will not reset the computer, the only thing that works is for me to hold in the power button for a few seconds, to switch PC completely off, wait a few seconds, then power it back on.

All drivers are up to date, and my motherboard has the latest BIOS installed. Dump zip is attached.

Many thanks,

Andy

:)

studsr, Oct 4, 2017
  2. BlackWeedow, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Random buzzing sound and freeze

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time.

If issue still persists, you may run system file checker(SFC) to fix any Windows files corruption.

Refer:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Oct 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

There are no crash dump files included in the logs although your eventlog does show that you have had some recent 0x124 hardware related BSOD events. Other than giving you the generic troubleshooting approach for hardware related issues there is not a lot I can do to help.

Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    From my experience, it's generally the GPU That causes that issue. To test this; pull out the GPU and just use the Intel HD 4000 graphics that's built on the CPU. You may have to make some adjustments in the BIOS.

Plankton, Oct 4, 2017
  6. studsr Win User
    Many thanks for the replies - I will try the troubleshooting tips above, and report back if the problem persists.

all the best,

Andy.

studsr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers - Similar Threads - Random total freeze

2. My PC freezes with buzzing sound from speakers and restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes with buzzing sound from speakers and restarts: HelloThis issue is happening for the past few weeks, while playing a certain game my PC freezes with loud buzzing sound from the speakers sometimes without a sound and restarts itself.This might happen couple times a day or happen only once.It doesn't happen when I leave the...
  3. My PC freezes with buzzing sound from speakers and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC freezes with buzzing sound from speakers and restarts: HelloThis issue is happening for the past few weeks, while playing a certain game my PC freezes with loud buzzing sound from the speakers sometimes without a sound and restarts itself.This might happen couple times a day or happen only once.It doesn't happen when I leave the...
  4. My PC freezes with buzzing sound from speakers and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Buzzing sound from speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buzzing sound from speakers.: My one-month-old Lenovo laptop randomly started to make a kind of annoying buzzing sound while playing audio. I have all the drivers updated, and also tried trouble shooting. i dont know if this is a hardware issue. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this....
  6. Buzzing sound from speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing sound from speakers.: My one-month-old Lenovo laptop randomly started to make a kind of annoying buzzing sound while playing audio. I have all the drivers updated, and also tried trouble shooting. i dont know if this is a hardware issue. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this....
  7. Freezing and Buzzing sound coming from speakers.

Freezing and Buzzing sound coming from speakers.: Computer is freezing when I'm playing a video game, it freezes and then a loud buzzing sound comes out of the speakers. I've tried reinstalling the OS and it still happens, I've also run the windows memory test too and nothing has happened. The freezes can occur anywhere from...
  8. random buzzing sound from speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random buzzing sound from speakers: My windows 10 HP Envy laptop started making this random crackling, buzzing sound that slowly gets worse over time. according to the device manager, the speakers are RealtekR Audio. The noise only stops for good if I put the volume to 0. It still makes the noise if I just hit...
  9. Windows Freezing With Buzzing Sound In Speakers

Windows Freezing With Buzzing Sound In Speakers: Hello, i have got a new pc and it keep s freezing with a buzzing sound that plays through my headset and its getting annoying to far i have checked Memory Is Enough Cpu Or Gpu isnt overheating 45C While playing intense games PSU Im still unsure if this is the problem My...
  10. bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers

bsod randomly, sometimes it freezes and buzzes through speakers: hey please help, ill provide info if needed added with windows 10 tool 27642