Windows 10: Random US keyboard input appears

Discus and support Random US keyboard input appears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, lately I have a really weird bug. Windows 10 randomly adds US English to my keyboard inputs. But when I go into the language input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lafiatisgeorge, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Random US keyboard input appears

Hello everyone, lately I have a really weird bug. Windows 10 randomly adds US English to my keyboard inputs.
    But when I go into the language input menu, US english is not there.
    The screenshot below will show you exactly what I mean, and this is really annoying, cause I am living in UK and I want to use the UK layout not the US. Is this supposed to happen? How can I fix it /disable it ?

Random US keyboard input appears [​IMG]

:)

lafiatisgeorge, Nov 9, 2015
  2. SteveFJP Win User

Windows 10 handwriting input panel not working

Since the fall 2017 feature upgrade I have had a similar problem.

It appears that the handwriting software is linked to the language selected, but the handwriting input is linked to the actual keyboard being used. Unfortunately, not all keyboards have an associated handwriting keyboard. For example, I use the UK Extended
    keyboard, for which there is no handwriting touch keyboard, but for the standard UK keyboard there is one. All this is made more confusing because you use the Regional settings to change keyboard options, but the Type settings to train the handwriting.

So, with the keyboard set to UK Extended I cannot use handwriting input, even if the language of the machine is set to US English or French.

If I change to using the UK keyboard, all languages get back their handwriting input. You can add keyboards from the Regional settings option.

I can select the keyboard from the system tray(click on the language). Set the keyboard to one that supports handwriting, and the settings on the touch keyboard include one for handwriting input.

So - select a keyboard that supports handwriting, and then the option appears on the touch keyboard.

SteveFJP, Nov 9, 2015
  3. "Press Windows logo key + period (.) to open an emoji panel" does not work

Yes; It works....appears it only works when using the keyboard for both inputs "logo" + "."

Thanks, I was using the mouse ....

Chris261cc, Nov 9, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Random US keyboard input appears

Can try adding English US by clicking "Add a language" then removing it if it shows up?

5. lx07 Win User
    You can have multiple keyboards for same language. Highlight your language, click options then check the keyboards...

6. PAL
    pal Win User
    I have added, removed, added and removed... Nothing helps. It seems Windows cannot live without the us-keyboard.

7. Exactly what pal said I tried everything, but after a while it gets added again.

lafiatisgeorge, Nov 10, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Go to the control panel and set your language settings there. I had to, being an American living in Germany, and have English (US) with a German keyboard, but kept getting US keyboard offered(this can be a pain in the neck at sign in).

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Syncing settings with a MS account can add the wrong keyboard back (if you use more than one PC).

10. No MS account or anything synced.

lafiatisgeorge, Nov 10, 2015
  11. vexorg Win User
    vexorg, Nov 10, 2015
  12. PAL
    pal Win User
    I've noticed that it appears when certain applications are started. In this case steam/tf2. The keyboard doesn't go away when the application is closed. It only appears in the system tray menu, not in control panel. This is annoying.

Thema:

1. Random US keyboard input appears - Similar Threads - Random keyboard input

2. Keyboard giving random inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard giving random inputs: At random times, for no reason, various programs that I run start turning keyboard inputs into random letters. Aside from some programs being more prone to fail than others, and that none of the programs involved are related, the only conclusion I have come to is that it has...
  3. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.: This is weird, so bear with me.At times, when running a program, the keyboard suddenly decides to no longer work properly, giving different inputs, even when the same key is pressed. For example, ffffffff instead becomes Qr[9x/+f*sw-a]pbvc.'de. This mostly happens with games,...
  4. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.: This is weird, so bear with me.At times, when running a program, the keyboard suddenly decides to no longer work properly, giving different inputs, even when the same key is pressed. For example, ffffffff instead becomes Qr[9x/+f*sw-a]pbvc.'de. This mostly happens with games,...
  5. Randomly getting random inputs on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  7. External Keyboards Inputs are Random.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Keyboards Inputs are Random.: I'm rewriting my question because I feel like I left out too much. My external keyboard seems to be having an issue where typing certain letters results in strange outcomes. This doesn't happen all of the time, it only seems to happen in MOST apps and games and only when...
  8. Random keyboard appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random keyboard appear: The language I am using is English UK with US keyboard but over the time, windows add United States International keyboard and English Malaysia. I'm staying in Malaysia but the region is set to UK and there are no other devices connect to my Microsoft account to change my...
  9. Random keyboard input program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random keyboard input program?: Does anyone know of a program that can randomly input key presses? Thank you. submitted by /u/ArielMJD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eeldik/random_keyboard_input_program/
  10. US keyboard added randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    US keyboard added randomly: Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine. I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both these languages. At random intervals Windows adds US Keyboard to my setup. The US keyboard is not listed in the Language...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random keyboard input windows 10