Windows 10: Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Discus and support Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Groggubus Win User

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

:)

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  2. Ralf_G Win User

One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned

Hmmm, it is saying the "The last USB device" . . .

It could be a flakey USB connection or something wrong with the device driver for one of your USB devices that is making it disconnect/reconnect erratically. Also, some devices don't work well when connected through external USB hubs.

You can try looking for the problem device in Control Panel - Device Manager. Enable the View option to "show hidden devices" and then look through the device list for disabled USB devices or any "Unknown" device driver entries.

Unknown devices can be right-click-Uninstalled. Then right-click -"Scan for hardware changes" to see if they come back or if any new USB device gets detected and added in to the drivers list.

To find out which USB devices are connected to which USB ports you can use a utility like USBDVIEW (freeware). The display updates as devices connect or disconnect.

View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Ralf_G, Feb 21, 2018
  3. DMZAzm Win User
    Windows 10 usb device disconnects and reconnects often

This still did not solve the issues

DMZAzm, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

@Groggubus, your USBDeview doesn't identify those top two devices, but they both have the same Vendor ID of 058f and Product ID of 6364 which shows it as an 'Alcor Micro Corp. AU6477 Card Reader Controller' in this lookup database:
    http://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid...?v=058f&p=6364

Being a card reader explains why it has drive letters assigned. Having two entries would be explained by one being for the controller itself and the second for any card when it's plugged in.

It may be faulty, need re-seating or a cable is loose.

5. Groggubus Win User
    oh right! yeah i do have a card reader! I'll have a look at it now! thanks!

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  6. Groggubus Win User
    yep that fixed it! MANY thanks Bree!

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Nice detective work, Bree! Did you infer "card reader" from the "J: K: L: M:" that showed up for the second device? I *like* the way you think! Keep up the good efforts...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

No, I wanted to find out what the device was so searched for a Vendor/Product ID lookup. Realising it was a card reader then made sense of the drive letters.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device. - Similar Threads - Random USB Disconnects

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  4. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  5. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  6. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  7. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random: So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports. I have a total of four...
  8. Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I recently updated my windows 10 machine with a Feature Update version 20H2. Since Installing this update, there is now an "Unknown USB Device Link in Compliance Mode" that shows in my Device Manager under the USB Controllers. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and the...
  9. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  10. USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect

USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigman30685 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrjsc/usb_devices_randomly_disconnect_and_reconnect/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disconnects and reconnects device how to identify

2. logitech mouse unknown usb device