Windows 10: Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Discus and support Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Groggubus Win User

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

:)

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  2. Ralf_G Win User

One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned

Hmmm, it is saying the "The last USB device" . . .

It could be a flakey USB connection or something wrong with the device driver for one of your USB devices that is making it disconnect/reconnect erratically. Also, some devices don't work well when connected through external USB hubs.

You can try looking for the problem device in Control Panel - Device Manager. Enable the View option to "show hidden devices" and then look through the device list for disabled USB devices or any "Unknown" device driver entries.

Unknown devices can be right-click-Uninstalled. Then right-click -"Scan for hardware changes" to see if they come back or if any new USB device gets detected and added in to the drivers list.

To find out which USB devices are connected to which USB ports you can use a utility like USBDVIEW (freeware). The display updates as devices connect or disconnect.

View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Ralf_G, Feb 21, 2018
  3. DMZAzm Win User
    Windows 10 usb device disconnects and reconnects often

This still did not solve the issues

DMZAzm, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

@Groggubus, your USBDeview doesn't identify those top two devices, but they both have the same Vendor ID of 058f and Product ID of 6364 which shows it as an 'Alcor Micro Corp. AU6477 Card Reader Controller' in this lookup database:
    http://www.the-sz.com/products/usbid...?v=058f&p=6364

Being a card reader explains why it has drive letters assigned. Having two entries would be explained by one being for the controller itself and the second for any card when it's plugged in.

It may be faulty, need re-seating or a cable is loose.

5. Groggubus Win User
    oh right! yeah i do have a card reader! I'll have a look at it now! thanks!

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  6. Groggubus Win User
    yep that fixed it! MANY thanks Bree!

Groggubus, Feb 21, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Nice detective work, Bree! Did you infer "card reader" from the "J: K: L: M:" that showed up for the second device? I *like* the way you think! Keep up the good efforts...
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

No, I wanted to find out what the device was so searched for a Vendor/Product ID lookup. Realising it was a card reader then made sense of the drive letters.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device. - Similar Threads - Random USB Disconnects

2. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...
  3. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting withought consent

in Windows 10 Support
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting withought consent: Hello windows 10 help forms, I have had a huge issue with my computer in the past few days, I am running windows 10 on a GTX 1060 6gig, AMD Athlon eight core processor, and 16 gigs of RAM, I also have a 128 GB SSD that is not showing up on my drives when I went to reset...
  5. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting: Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and reconnecting. And before anyone asks yes, I've searched whole internet upside down for answers and tried every possible fix that I could...
  6. USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting: Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will...
  7. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds: I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs. There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing. Should the Device...
  8. Problems with the USB jacks disconnecting and reconnecting

Problems with the USB jacks disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi, I am having problems with my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. over the last few years the USB's disconnect and reconnect at random. the touchpad cuts out and scrolling doesnt' work half the time, the card reader doesnt' work half the time. I of course have all the newest...
  9. While playing games, all USB devices disconnect and reconnect.

While playing games, all USB devices disconnect and reconnect.: Like the title says. It's never during normal use like youtube, shopping, or anything else. Only games. I've already done that power settings thing, and it seems like I am out of options. I rely on a wireless stick to be connected, so it really is a nuisance. Any help is...
  10. Logitech g100s mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

Logitech g100s mouse disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: So my mouse recently started having this issue where it will disconnect and reconnect randomly for no apparent reason. I wasn't having this problem about a month ago and Windows 10 has been running flawlessly ever since my upgrade so it's weird that my mouse randomly decided...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech mouse unknown usb device