Windows 10: Random windows 10 freezes when browsing or gaming

Discus and support Random windows 10 freezes when browsing or gaming in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys This thing hapenned just after I installed my nvidia driver 381 and It looks like this: When browsing (gaming) the screen for no obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by piipecek, Jul 22, 2016.

1. piipecek Win User

Random windows 10 freezes when browsing or gaming

Hey guys

This thing hapenned just after I installed my nvidia driver 381 and It looks like this:

When browsing (gaming) the screen for no obvious reason freezes (usually after a click, for example clicking ''world'' button in facebook, clicking links etc) abd There is no other way than hard turn off - by holding by the on/off button. Its making the computer almost unusable, and very anyoing. Anyone having same solutions?

:)

piipecek, Jul 22, 2016
  2. MrHH Win User

Entire PC intermittently freezes for a second or two, except when gaming.

It is a quite random occurrence, but my system will freeze when just dealing with the desktop or browsing the web. When playing a steam game whether is is set to windowed, boarder less, or full screen the freezing does not occur. I have reset windows,
    but to no avail. Also, I update all the drivers for my computer, but again the issue still persisted.

3. Allan Mej Win User
    My laptop screen freezes randomly during gaming and youtube

It is possible that your latest device driver is currently encountering some compatibility and performance issue with the latest update of Windows. It is also possible that the game that you are playing has a high system requirements, causing random screen
    freezes. May we know the game that you are playing when you encountered this issue? Also, do you encounter this issue on other occasions rather than gaming and browsing YouTube?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Allan Mej, Jul 22, 2016
  4. chatcat12 Win User

Hi - I have a brand new machine that is having the same issue. HP tech support has been of no use, they checked the drivers, bios, and even had me reinstall Windows 10. All together I've spent about 10 hours working on this with them, and numerous calls/fights with them to keep my ticket open. Nothing has fixed the problem and I've given up on HP support all together.

My research to fix this on my own has shown there are some NVIDIA drivers that do not play well with Windows 10. It is a fairly common issue with the system freezing up randomly, with no regards to how much processing is going on in the driver, on the system, or whether or not the system is connected to other devices or the internet.

It's a driver issue. Who's to blame? Probably NVidia, but I also blame Microsoft.
    Some folk have had success with an OS reinstall (didn't work for me), changing the parameters for video display (didn't work here), a Bios update (nope again), and in most extream situations: a new video card (AMD). I'll be trying the last option when I have a break in my schedule.

Good luck!

chatcat12, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Random windows 10 freezes when browsing or gaming - Similar Threads - Random freezes browsing

2. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  3. Random Freeze, especially when gaming:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freeze, especially when gaming:: So, I have an HP Victus 16: 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Core i7-12700H and a GTX 1650 with a windows 11. It used to freeze when playing video games but it was like once in a while. Now, I can't even open a game. Even more, it freezes when using Browser or in a Zoom meeting. Everything...
  4. Windows 10 randomly freezes casually browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly freezes casually browsing: So i upgraded CPU to R9 5900x from R5 5600x and GPU lately and i started getting random temporary freeze 30-50seconds with no event viewer data .Tested the system under full load / gaming no problems.Casually browsing - freeze for at least 30 secondsAlso mouse was changed,...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freezes casually browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly freezes casually browsing: So i upgraded CPU to R9 5900x from R5 5600x and GPU lately and i started getting random temporary freeze 30-50seconds with no event viewer data .Tested the system under full load / gaming no problems.Casually browsing - freeze for at least 30 secondsAlso mouse was changed,...
  6. Windows 10 randomly freezes casually browsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 crashing/freezing randomly (gaming, browsing, etc)

Windows 10 crashing/freezing randomly (gaming, browsing, etc): Hello, If anyone could help me with my BSOD problems that would be great. The most recent one "bugcheck" was when I was browsing the net. I've also encountered BSOD while gaming in the past. Perhaps multiple things are causing the crashes. For my recent crashes at least (I...
  8. PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freezes and crashes/restarts when playing games and/or browsing: Hi guys, I really need some help here. I have searched for days and tried every possible solution online and still nothing works. My PC is brand new, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and after installing the video drivers for my Nvidia 1080TI (doesn't matter...
  9. Random BSODs when browsing

Random BSODs when browsing: Hi all, I keep getting random intermittent BSODs when browsing using Chrome or Firefox, and this happens more frequently when I'm using YouTube. I have two MEMORY.dmp files uploaded to my OneDrive here, please let me know if you need any other info: Microsoft OneDrive -...
  10. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...