Windows 10: Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realize there are thousands of these type of postings, and just as many pieces of advice to choose from. My systems is NOT BSOD'ing, just completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scotticus01, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7

I realize there are thousands of these type of postings, and just as many pieces of advice to choose from. My systems is NOT BSOD'ing, just completely instantly going all the way down to a powered-down-like state, then booting up. This happens mostly when I'm playing Fallout 4.

Prior to finally giving in to the Windows 10 update, Windows 7 pro was rock solid and I didn't want to give it up. I know it was getting old for an O/S, but was pretty much flawless to the end. Unfortunately, I purchased a new gaming headset last Christmas, and it really did BSOD my system the second I plugged in the USB connection. Now, 7 months later, I purchased a completely different manufacturer gaming headset, and it BSOD'd again. I figured the native Win7 drivers were now officially too old for modern equipment. After upgrading to 10 Pro, the headset worked right away (pretty much proving my point about old drivers).

Since this upgrade is on top of my original Win7 pro (64-bit), I'm thinking some old driver or registry info is conflicting with the new O/S. I know there are a lot of people who get a kick out of solving these kind of problems, so I can provide any log(s) you want to thumb through for the cause.

My daughter's PC is doing the exact thing, and was originally Win7 Pro (64-bit), and was upgraded to Win10....but that can be a separate thread.

Just let me know what you need to help out.

BTW, I adjusted a bunch of power options to help out based on other peoples problems/solutions. Not sure if this totally fixed it yet since I just did it, but I though it wouldn't hurt to dig deeper into system diagnostics.

Thanks in advance.

:)

scotticus01, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Dragon34 Win User

Windows 10 free upgrade serial key

Is there a way to get a product key for the free version of windows 10 pro after upgrading from windows 7 pro? My computer crashed and I had upgraded to windows 10. I got a new computer with windows 10 home and would like to get windows 10 pro on it. Any
    way or do I have to buy the 99 fee to do so

Dragon34, Jul 21, 2016
  3. ERadler Win User
    Primary Language Change in Windows 10

Unfortunately after a refresh of a newly licensed windows 10 pro version, after upgrading from a update from Windows 7 to windows 10 home, no language may be added, the dopdown list is empty and the country remains Afghanistan. Also other things may not
    be changed, and windows apps crash.

ERadler, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7

manish9009, Jul 22, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Since you are not BSOD'ing, the program WhoCrashed, may not help you since you are not really crashing.

If your computer shuts down while playing a game, it is most likely overheating, or the Power Supply Unit is failing. Open the side panel and clean out all dust and Blow out the fans with a can of compressed air. Start the computer and press F2 and Boot into Setup (Bios) go to PC Health or some such. Check the temperatures, and the voltages from the PSU. Start the computer and make sure all fans are spinning. Look at the label of the PSU and report the make, model# and wattage.

spunk, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Cool advise all! I try to air-can my rig a few times a year to avoid additional heat buildup. It's probably about that time again. The only reason why I'm thinking this is something else is because my PC was rock-freakin' solid under Win7 pro (with exception of an occasional freakout with a modern piece of hardware). Now it barely lasts past an hour or 2 before doing the crash/boot. None of this happened prior to the Win10 upgrade. My gut says because this wasn't a bare-metal install with Win10, some Win7 leftovers are conflicting with Win10. It's just hard for me to prove it. If I have to load Win10 from scratch, so be it. I would just rather take a minute to fix the problem.
    Again, thanks for chiming in!

scotticus01, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7

1. Random Windows 10 pro crashes after upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Random pro crashes

2. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro: I want to upgrade to windows10 pro. what are my best safest cheapest options dont want to loose anything I have. * Moved from Bing * Original title: i have a hp desktop windows 7 ***Modified title from: What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro: I recently upgraded my laptop from Win 7 to 10 Pro after the installation was complete everything seemed to be going well until I started up my laptop the next day and all I got was the blue screen, I wasn't able to run system repair, nor could I run system restore. I was...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro.: I paid over $200 for Windows 10 Pro. It will not download. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-pro/3d6101c8-f192-4825-9b88-6cec01d624fe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crashing after upgrade from 7 to 10

2. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 crashing randomly