Windows 10: Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back

Discus and support Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Having a problem. What seems random, although I not it does not seem to happen mid sentence, is that I try to type, for example in an address bar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidbanks, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back

Hi,
    Having a problem. What seems random, although I not it does not seem to happen mid sentence, is that I try to type, for example in an address bar, or FB chat, or any other place (I think), and no text appears, I can change the cursors active field, but still no text. If I switch programs (alt tab) and back again, I can once again type. This can happen from ~ once a week to many times a day.
    Any ideas and suggestions welcomed.
    Thank you.

:)

davidbanks, Jan 9, 2016
  2. FnGoose Win User

Windows 10 ALT+Tabbing itself while playing games.

While playing games on Windows 10, it will randomly alt tab. This is very frustrating when I'm in the middle of a firefight and the game disappears.

I've already done full virus/malware scans.

Also, in some game the taskbar will randomly show up and won't go away unless I alt tab, then tab back in.

Any help is much appreciated.

FnGoose, Jan 9, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back

1. Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back - Similar Threads - Randomly cannot type

2. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  3. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?: Hi,So I've been having a problem with my framerate in games on a new laptop that I just got a few days ago. As seen on the pictures that I took I couldn't record them, my games are usually low on fps most of the time. However when I alt-tab multiple times or fast enough, I...
  4. Low FPS Until Multiple ALT-TABs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Alt tab randomly skipping windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab randomly skipping windows.: I just got the 20H2 update on windows 10 and for some reason sometimes when I alt tab it will skip the most recent window and go to the last one. Any idea if this is a known bug or if there is a fix? submitted by /u/Corpses69 [link] [comments]...
  6. Random alt tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random alt tabs: My computer seem to randomly alt tab at will, and I have no idea why. I used Windows Focus Logger, and the issue might originate from a folder called ImmersiveControlPanel under the Local disc C: - Windows. Have ran Malwarebytes multiple times with no viruses or malware...
  7. Random beeps when i alt tab back into a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random beeps when i alt tab back into a game: so, im casually playing. i alt tab to chrome then back into game. it seems fine for 10 seconds then a weird beep consisting of 4 beeps each with a higher pitch plays once, and while it plays my game lags heavily. the beeps can come at random times and when i mute system...
  8. Random Alt-Tabs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random Alt-Tabs?: So, this issue developed some weeks ago. Every hour, from start-up, I get alt-tabbed to a mystery window, called 'Update' according to WindowsFocusLogger. I've tried disabling tasks, I've tried closing down non-essential tasks at start up - I've tried **** round in...
  9. Alt + Tab when a program is busy

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab when a program is busy: There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not...
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...