Windows 10: Randomly refuses to shutdown

Discus and support Randomly refuses to shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On occasion my computer won't sleep or shutdown when I tell it too. It will turn itself back on immediately. I upgraded to W10 from W7 back in August... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lexus One, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Lexus One Win User

Randomly refuses to shutdown

On occasion my computer won't sleep or shutdown when I tell it too. It will turn itself back on immediately. I upgraded to W10 from W7 back in August 2015. This was never a problem until recently. I check for pending updates when this happens, and there are none showing. If I wait 15 to 30 minutes it is no longer an issue. This doesn't happen everyday. Only once or twice a week. Anyone else notice this type of behavior?

:)

Lexus One, Dec 25, 2015

2. windows 10, lenovo h535, looses keyboard.

randomly refuses to see keyboard.

no keyboard in device manager.

randomly, or for unknown reasons, fixes self and works normaly.

Micky9finger, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Windows 10 Dialogue Box Consistently appearing

When does the shutdown box appears? Randomly? Ciao and thanks Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

Randomly refuses to shutdown

1. Randomly refuses to shutdown - Similar Threads - Randomly refuses shutdown

2. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Shutdowns: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably because of using the laptop while charging, or playing games.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was surfing on the...
  3. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Shutdowns: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably because of using the laptop while charging, or playing games.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was surfing on the...
  4. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown: I am having a problem with the Dell Inspiron 7370. When it comes to shutting down the machine, sometimes the screen goes off but I can still see the backlight keyboard keys lights + sound of the running device? I am now having no other options but to apply Force Shutdown by...
  6. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  7. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  8. Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random shutdowns: Good morning, good evening depends when you are reading this. So, i'm running asus x550c windows 10. Recently ive come across to these weird shutdowns. As it seems, my computer will shutdown randomly without any warnings, and when it does shutdown, i can't turn it right back...
  9. Problems with PC refusing to shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with PC refusing to shutdown.: Every attempt to shutdown my custom PC with Windows 10 has failed. I've tried the power button, start menu, task manager, power shell, nothing. It doesn't even respond. Basically, it just sits at the desktop as if you didn't even do anything. The only way I can turn off my PC...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....