Windows 10: Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay

Discus and support Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Or better yet, have a backup & don't worry about paying. The time to avoid having to deal with ransomware is taking steps BEFORE you get it. After you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay

Or better yet, have a backup & don't worry about paying. The time to avoid having to deal with ransomware is taking steps BEFORE you get it. After you get infected, there is a extremely slim chance, if any, of recovering your data unless you pay up.

Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay - TechRepublic

Windows comes with it's own free tool to make a system image. This is included in Win 7 & 8 as well as 10. Make one on a regular basis & keep it on an external drive that is not hooked up to the PC/Laptop all the time.

System Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Borg 386, Apr 28, 2016

2. How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

Before You Pay that Ransomware Demand…

Before You Pay that Ransomware Demand… — Krebs on Security

FWIW I believe it's evident that 2017 will bring botnets more into play as ransomware threat.

~rhab

rhabdomantist, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay

1. Ransomware-as-a-service is exploding: Be ready to pay - Similar Threads - Ransomware service exploding

2. Am I paying for this service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I paying for this service: Am I being billed for this account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-i-paying-for-this-service/040debe5-d257-40fd-8a70-43dc782f7ced
  3. Am I paying for this service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I paying for this service: Am I being billed for this account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-i-paying-for-this-service/040debe5-d257-40fd-8a70-43dc782f7ced
  4. My nuvision screen just exploded

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My nuvision screen just exploded: These are the images. My NuVision was sitting on the desk unplugged and out of nowhere exploded. What would cause that happen. I bought it from Microsoft a couple years ago....
  5. App Readiness service not starting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App Readiness service not starting.: So I have an HP laptop and the App Readiness Service has caused a 10-15 minutes black screen after login, so i disabled it and it worked, but the service is needed for updates that require a reboot, before I used to enable the service when I updated but this time I had to...
  6. If any problem in File exploder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If any problem in File exploder: some times my file exploder is hanging or not responding. At that time s/m is fully hang. In that time i cannot do anything. what should i do ? my s/m is dell brand board. Also 8 GB ram also. This pc also new pc warranty . if any problem in file exploder application? how...
  7. File explorer, or file exploder?

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer, or file exploder?: Hi all So I'm not very computer savvy and have long past given up on trying to answer my own questions on google, so now I am here. Please excuse my dumbness! My issue is my file explorer is in jumbo size, full screen, all up in my face kinda action and whenever I try to...
  8. Enterprise-ready in the age of Windows as a service

in Windows 10 News
    Enterprise-ready in the age of Windows as a service: In his recent post on “Making IT simpler with a modern workplace,” Brad Anderson talked about a vision for helping IT better manage devices and data that would lower costs while providing productive, secure experiences for users. That vision is the modern desktop: a device...
  9. Exploding batteries: A serious charge

in Windows 10 News
    Exploding batteries: A serious charge: With Samsung looking at a $4 billion-plus hit due to the Galaxy Note 7's explosive lithium-ion battery problems, how are the alternative technologies shaping up? Phone companies often talk about bang-per-buck, but rarely mean it literally. Explosive devices are unpopular...
  10. Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Get ready to pay more for apps on Windows Store: Microsoft will update the price tier values for Windows Store during the week of April 13, 2015. Windows Store supports 96 tiers that publishers can use to price paid apps and in-app products. These price tier values are updated periodically to maintain consistency across...