Windows 10: Ransomware is about to get a lot worse

Discus and support Ransomware is about to get a lot worse in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ransomware is about to get a lot worse, by holding your operating system hostage Now cybersecurity researchers warn that new ransomware features... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Ransomware is about to get a lot worse

Ransomware is about to get a lot worse, by holding your operating system hostage

Ransomware is about to get a lot worse, by holding your operating system hostage | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Jan 31, 2017

2. How to get rid of a ransomware malicious virus

Hi Jim,

For more information about Ransomware, and on how to handle it, we suggest that you check the following articles:

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2017
  3. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

please find a solution to decrypt the files infected by .cerber3.

i have lot of important data.

please let me know where does ransomware like these originate and get into computers ?

Sameep Mishra, Jan 31, 2017
  4. Ransomware is about to get a lot worse

Assuming I have back ups of all my files, can clean installation solve the problem?

Matthew Wai, Feb 3, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    Those sobs should apply their knowledge to protect us against these kind of programs instead of stealing hardworking people of their money.

prikker, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    I would guess if it locks you out, you would have to boot into the command line (provided it hasn't blocked that) & format the drive, then re-install your backup. A PIA, but at least if you have a backup in place you won't loose your stuff.

Worst case scenario, you could use GParted to access/format the drive. It's a bootable partition manager.

GParted -- A free application for graphically managing disk
    device partitions

Borg 386, Feb 3, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    You can boot into the command line through the Windows USB Installer or the recovery options.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2017
  8. Ransomware is about to get a lot worse

Do you mean pressing Shift + F10 to enter Command Prompt and then run DISKPART?

I have no USB installer but an installation DVD.

I have a bootable Linux Live DVD, which contains GParted.

Matthew Wai, Feb 3, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    An installation DVD will do the same thing. You can use Shift+F10 or use the repair this computer either one.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2017
  10. How could it possibly block Command Prompt on a Windows installation DVD?

Matthew Wai, Feb 3, 2017
  11. @ essenbe, as you are a moderator, do you know why my thread about free antivirus was removed a few hours ago?

Matthew Wai, Feb 3, 2017
  12. z3r010 Win User
    I've just had a look and it was probably due to the fact you just posted a link, so it was binned as crap.

z3r010, Feb 3, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

Correct, it was a relatively unknown product and the download link was through an unknown and questionable download site.

essenbe, Feb 4, 2017
  14. The product was unknown to me, and that's exactly why I started a thread asking for others' opinions about it.
    The product's official site was in Russian, so I posted a link going to a download site in English.
    However, I just found that the official site can be changed to English.

Matthew Wai, Feb 4, 2017
  15. On another forum, someone asked me the following question:
    'Isn't it possible to boot it from a USB installer and then repair the master boot record?'

Can anyone answer it?

Matthew Wai, Feb 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Ransomware is about to get a lot worse - Similar Threads - Ransomware lot worse

2. About some ransomware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About some ransomware: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. About some ransomware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About some ransomware: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  4. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  5. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse: Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then...
  6. Can't do anything about ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't do anything about ransomware: when i load up Windows defender i only need to prepare for a ransomware attack. but it's not like i can do anything about it, it just tells me to put all my files to Onedrive. How do i fix this??? I just need a way to defend myself from the ransomare isnt there a way i can...
  7. Windows laptop getting worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows laptop getting worse: On my friends girlfriends laptop (some surface laptop) I was doing homebrew stuff for his wii. Everything was fine until the next day they told me the main drive had a padlock with a yellow triangle. It progressed to the desktop missing to not being able to boot the os. What...
  8. PC Getting progressively worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Getting progressively worse: Problems with my PC was tolerable at first, but now has become progressively worse without any causation that is noticeable. Before programs just freeze it either crashes or become non-responsible where nothing is interactable but "Not Responding message" but now, many...
  9. The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Petya ransomware just got a whole lot worse: Make back ups before it strikes..... The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table. Before encrypting the MFT, Petya replaces the computer's master boot...
  10. It’s About to Get a Lot Easier to Use HoloLens with Eyeglasses

in Windows 10 News
    It’s About to Get a Lot Easier to Use HoloLens with Eyeglasses: HoloLens users: rejoice! Fighting with your eyeglasses while wearing a HoloLens device will be a thing of the past, thanks to an insert developed by New York lens manufacturer Rochester Optical. The inserts attach directly to the device, where the optional nose piece would...