Windows 10: RAPIDmode, Samsung SSD & Win10...how ?

Discus and support RAPIDmode, Samsung SSD & Win10...how ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed a Samsung 850pro SSD in my Lenovo laptop & one of the features in its Magician 4.5 software is RAPIDmode . Sort of a ram caching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikiep, Dec 31, 2014.

1. mikiep Win User

RAPIDmode, Samsung SSD & Win10...how ?

I just installed a Samsung 850pro SSD in my Lenovo laptop & one of the features in its Magician 4.5 software is RAPIDmode . Sort of a ram caching frequently used I/O processes to add some quickness.

Anyhow, it lists the requirements -- win10 fails the Opperating System requirement with a message of;
    'Error in Obtaining info.

Supposed to work win7 and up.

Anyone experienced this and know the How To Enable fix/work around ?

pic of the magician screen ... https://i.imgur.com/R5zWY6y.jpg

:)

mikiep, Dec 31, 2014
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Dec 31, 2014
  3. davek86 Win User
    HDD shows in BIOS but not on system

New built computer, Win10, Hero7mobo, 4790K, Samsung 500Gb SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2Tb.

Computer runs fine and is booting from SSD but 2Tb does not show thru settings or control panel.

When started in BIOS 2Tb drive show up.

How can I initialize or format it from BIOS or if it doesn't show in Win10 ?

davek86, Dec 31, 2014
  4. duckymcse Win User

Magician v4.4 work fine. Not sure why v4.5 doesn't work with Windows 10.

duckymcse, Jan 3, 2015
  5. SLK350 Win User
    SLK350, Jan 4, 2015
  6. mikiep Win User
    Thanks both.
    4.4 works, and the upgrade to 4.5 sort of is working & caching 1gb in Ram - where it should be 25% or 2gb for my 8gb laptop.

Even when upgraded it shows same Error message and if I disable RapidMode in 4.5 then it wont let me turn it back on... and need to reinstall 4.4 again.

I looked some of its install logging. It tried win7, win8, win8.1 compatibility modes and the reason the RapidMode works is it couldn't find or didn't have permissions for a couple of keys *Smile

Thanks !!! So not really solved but, sort of working.

I emailed Samsung : Replied;
    Please keep in mind that Magician has not yet been designed for Windows 10. Some features may not function or be as readily available.

mikiep, Jan 5, 2015
  7. I upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with Samsung Magician 4.5 with rapid mode enable. That seems to be working fine. Now I tried to install their latest version. I had to disable rapid mode, reboot, install 4.6, reboot and then discovered I could not enable rapid mode. I am glad a restore point was created when I disabled rapid mode.

I am back to 4.5 with rapid mode. Maybe their is hope Samsung may do something, after all they are still selling this product.

alkaufmann, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Nemix Win User

I would highly recommend waiting on an update to Samsung's Magician compatible with Windows 10 before enabling Rapid Mode is SSD caching could be very unpredictable in the case power loss or system errors and hard reboot is needed.

I'm 100% certain Samsung in working a newer version compatible with the newly released OS, you just have to patient if you have in care in the world for data retention.

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Ok, I have disabled rapid mode. I hope you are right and that Samsung is working on a newer version. I will postpone getting another SSD from them until they do.

alkaufmann, Jul 31, 2015
  10. HawkeEye Win User
    I could use a little help here also. I have tried everything in this forum and nothing works. I finally got Win 10 to recognize the SSD through a piece of software from Acronus. However the software tries to clone my C drive and fails every time. There solution is a workaround that is so convoluted that I don't think it is worth it. Is there any chance that MSFT has done some little trick that keeps cloning from working?

HawkeEye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RAPIDmode, Samsung SSD & Win10...how ? - Similar Threads - RAPIDmode Samsung SSD

2. SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians: I have a new SSD 4K Samsung 870 SSD and it doesn't recognize it, but windows does. Three others that are already installed show up in Samsung magician....
  3. SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not recognized by Samsung magicians: I have a new SSD 4K Samsung 870 SSD and it doesn't recognize it, but windows does. Three others that are already installed show up in Samsung magician....
  4. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  5. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...
  6. Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician / Samsung SSD 840 series: [img] I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver. My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx ! 59239
  7. Secure Erase SSD Samsung

Secure Erase SSD Samsung: I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My...
  8. A 16 TB Samsung SSD

A 16 TB Samsung SSD: Source [img] At the Flash Memory Summit in California, Samsung has unveiled what appears to be the world's largest hard drive—and somewhat surprisingly, it uses NAND flash chips rather than spinning platters. The rather boringly named PM1633a, which is being...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. Samsung's 950 Pro SSD

Samsung's 950 Pro SSD: Samsung gets a lot of love for its solid-state drives, which pack super-fast storage into small packages thanks to the company’s V-NAND technology—but its new drives crank things to 11. On Tuesday, Samsung announced 950 Pro M.2 SSDs that marry V-NAND density with blazing fast...