Windows 10: RAW external hard drive after making it internal

Discus and support RAW external hard drive after making it internal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here's what happened. I've decided to make my 1TB WD external HDD to aninternal one, I connected it internally using SATA, booted up Windows, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheUninvited, Mar 28, 2016.

1. RAW external hard drive after making it internal

So here's what happened. I've decided to make my 1TB WD external HDD to aninternal one, I connected it internally using SATA, booted up Windows, and found it wasn't displayed in my computer.

I tried to assign a drive letter and initialize it, make it active but it stays at a RAW format.

Tried partition recovery wizard but I'm not sure what to recover. When I double click the first in the list, it doesn't bring up anything. I can only double click with the ones with label - see screenshots.

No, I haven't click format the drive yet.

:)

TheUninvited, Mar 28, 2016

2. Why won't music transfer from external hard drive back to computer on Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Please make sure that you have added the songs to WMP from the internal hard drive location not from the external hard disk.

If you have added the songs/ created a playlist from the external hard drive location, obviously when you unplug the external hard disk, it wont play the songs because it can no longer retrieve the music files.

So please make sure that you add the files(browse) to WMP from the internal hard disk (transferred music location on the internal hard disk).

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 has trouble ejecting USB hard drives & flash drives - how to fix?

I had this issue with my external hard disk and solved it by changing the drive letter from D to Z. I have an internal hard disk with two partitions lettered as C and E and I was using my external hard disk as an internal one with the letter D. I got this
    problem after I started to use this as an external drive. Now, it's fixed with the letter change.

JohnnyLee_923, Mar 28, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

RAW external hard drive after making it internal

If no data is on the drive, just format it. Same thing happened to my buddy. Plug in using USB cable, works fine, plug in computer, read RAW. Reformatting the drive was the only fix for us.

If important data is on it, you may want to hook it back up into the external casing and connect externally before doing this. Don't want to lose critical files.

lmaneke, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

RAW external hard drive after making it internal

1. RAW external hard drive after making it internal - Similar Threads - RAW external hard

2. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  3. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  4. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  5. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS: Hello,I've a problem on my external hard drive, a HDD of 2To.Few days ago, I was normally using this, but suddently it stopped to run. I ran my pc on Windows and my HDD displayed as a RAW partition on disk managment.I tried chkdsk on CMD as admin but it says me that it is a...
  6. Problem on an extern hard drive - RAW on NTFS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason

External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason: Hello. I have been trying to move the files form my internal hard drive to a external 4 TB West Drive Passport. While copying files (more than 20 Gb of data) the transfer freezes and the external drive becomes RAW. I have tryied formatting the disk and repeating the process...
  8. raw hard drive

raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  9. raw hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  10. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831