Windows 10: RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex

Discus and support RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am migrating CD's to an archive drive, mainly using Robocopy. In such a move three produced "cyclic redundancy error." That led me to chkdsk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 26, 2018.

1. RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex

I am migrating CD's to an archive drive, mainly using Robocopy.

In such a move three produced "cyclic redundancy error."

That led me to chkdsk. That led "CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

Can someone suggest a simple and direct and easy way to add the needed codex / codexes that will enable Window 10 to read RAW files?

A work-around?

I think each disk contains only pictures. I do not recall ever making audio recording in that epoch *ca. XP/ Vista) but I may have? Mm. They be early movie files?

Thanks for any thoughts.

:

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 26, 2018
  2. apetala Win User

How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

thanks but do not wish to use canon utilities process raw in lightroom just want to weed out photos first windows 10 opens my canon 70d raw files not the 80d or 7d mark 2, tried altering the codex and canons suggestions

apetala, Aug 26, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    • diskpart
    • list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    • select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    • clean
    • exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Aug 26, 2018
  4. RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex

Canon 7D MKII not opening .CR2 RAW files in windows 10

Hi -

I recently upgraded to a Canon 7D MkII and unable to open the .CR2 RAW files in any Microsoft product. I have attempted to down load the codex but this will not work with Win 10 or Win 8. I have read a number of additional queries in this forum on this query
    - is there any progress with a updated Microsoft codex?

There is no subtopic under photography & listed under other settings?

doinmaheadin, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex

1. RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex - Similar Threads - RAW Format Codex

2. Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't format a RAW drive to NTFS: I recently received a new SSD and installed it into my system. I tried to format it into NTFS, which turned into the RAW format. When I try to reformat the drive in the Disk Management tool it says," The format did not complete successfully." I looked up some tutorials on...
  3. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  4. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  5. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. raw partition not formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    raw partition not formatting: i had an ransomeware attack it locked all my files . so i decided to install new window . when i tried to format or delete my hdd partition 2 the bsod appear and my partition became raw . the bsod showed kmode exception not handled plssssssss help as soonn as possible...
  7. RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Format | Windows 10 Codex: I am migrating CD's to an archive drive, mainly using Robocopy. In such a move three produced "cyclic redundancy error." That led me to chkdsk. That led "CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives." Can someone suggest a simple and direct and easy way to add the needed...
  8. Add Native RAW Image Format Support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Native RAW Image Format Support to Windows 10: How to: Add Native RAW Image Format Support to Windows 10 How to Add Native RAW Image Format Support to Windows 10 Do you like taking pictures in Raw image formats and wish that the Raw files from your camera were natively supported by Windows 10? Good news!...
  9. An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.

An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.: Had this happen today after the 14926 update. Went to save the .esd to my 2TB WD hard drive and received an error that the HDD was no longer there. Disc management revealed it was now formatted to RAW, all my data is gone. I see others are having similar occurrences of this...
  10. Raw formatted my external

Raw formatted my external: Ok so I recently accidently made my external USB drive into a raw, I was wondering if I could some how get it back, I think it still has the files on it, I got it so windows finally recognizes it but all it wants to do is format it. I want to keep all the files still on it...