Windows 10: RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

Source: RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Aug 8, 2016
  2. VinLee#1 Win User

Microsoft Edge

Confused, Microsoft Edge the same as internet explore 11. Trying to stream video show on cbc.ca and suggest to use Internet explorer 11. If explorer 11 is not part of Microsoft edge, can you have Microsoft edge and internet explorer 11 on the same
    computer. I am using windows 10 on a dell all in one inspirion.

Thanks Kerry

VinLee#1, Aug 8, 2016
  3. RSS feeds not working in IE 11

Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10 operating system which is built-in.
    While Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Internet Explorer that can be use from Windows 7 and up.

In this case, we suggest you to run the RSS links with Internet Explorer 11 since they are all working fine with it.
    You may also refer to the links below to know more about Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.

Jamille Nar, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

1. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - RC4 deprecated Microsoft

2. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11: I am using a ford site for work and I need just internet explorer 11 and for some reason it keeps changing over to Microsoft edge and then I cant get my work done because the site is not compatible with edge! so how do I fix this?? both of my laptops are new and use windows...
  5. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  6. Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Today, we’re announcing our intent to disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in supported versions of Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in the first half of 2020.This change, alongside similar announcements from other browser vendors, supports...
  7. Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11: Greetings everyone: When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what plug-in is actually used and how to fix it as it's the same reason moji's are not playing in skype....
  8. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  9. RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 no longer supported in Microsoft Edge and IE11 in April: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support of the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in early 2016. We plan to release this change with April’s cumulative security updates on April 12th, 2016. With this update, the RC4 cipher will be disabled...
  10. Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Ending support for RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer: Today, Microsoft is announcing the end-of-support of the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11. Starting in early 2016, the RC4 cipher will be disabled by-default and will not be used during TLS fallback negotiations. There is consensus across the industry...