Windows 10: Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Discus and support Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by petermakhlouf, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem is solved and so I tried to access it again and now it’s telling me the rd sever certificate name does not match the computer name and server..

any help will be greatly appreciate it!!

:)

petermakhlouf, Jul 22, 2018
  2. AtifA. Win User

Remote Desktop connection over internet to two computers on home network

I have a Dell desktop and a Surface Pro. Both running Windows 10 Pro and both on the same network at home. When I try to connect to my home network from outside, e.g. through a computer, phone or tablet, Remote Desktop always connects me to my Dell desktop
    at home.

In the router, the only options I have is to allow TCP/UDP to port 3389 and the IP addresses of the devices I am trying to connect to. So I have 192.168.1.26 for SP3 and 192.168.1.34 for Dell desktop that I can use for RD on Wifi. But when I try to access
    from outside the home network, I use my router IP and the 3389 RD port (like this -> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3389). Doing this, I reach my home, I connect to the network, I get a prompt for email/password, but when I connect, I connect to the computer that I didn't
    pick.

So my question is, how do I direct the connection to the correct computer. There is no option to do so. It picks the desktop (192.168.1.34) by default (I don't know why). Can I add local MAC address or local IP in addition to the router ip and 3389 port
    so that I can always reach the right computer every time?

AtifA., Jul 22, 2018
  3. Ahnafic Win User
    Use Remote Desktop when outside

Is it possible to use Remote Desktop when outside of a LAN.I want to access my PC with mobile data

Ahnafic, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

1. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network - Similar Threads - Remote desktop issue

2. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  3. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  4. Remote Desktop from different network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop RD Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Remote Desktop RD Client: yesterday I took delivery of a new iPad. Having updated it I followed instruction for setting up my Windows 10 Pro PC, connected the iPad and saw it sync it. I then opened RD Client and added a PC. I used the PC's IP address to identify it, and the router address as the...
  6. Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network: Hi! Since corona virus kicked in, most people work from home now and so am I. I used Remote Desktop almost every day and it worked perfectly, and last few days, when I try to connect to my work PC from outside the network, I get error notification 0x204 and says to check if...
  7. Network issue in Remote desktop Connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network issue in Remote desktop Connection: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...
  8. Remote access from home desktop to work computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access from home desktop to work computer: I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get connected to a blank black screen (I can move my mouse cursor around but nothing else). Any ideas how to solve this?...
  9. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem is solved and...
  10. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Hello so I have my desktop computer and my laptop I am able to access my desktop computer from my laptop on the network but when I go outside the network at first it was telling me the server is not a trusted certificate so I uploaded the server as a trusted certificate now...