Windows 10: Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Discus and support Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by petermakhlouf, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem is solved and so I tried to access it again and now it’s telling me the rd sever certificate name does not match the computer name and server..

any help will be greatly appreciate it!!

Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 /Other Windows apps /Tools

:)

petermakhlouf, Jul 23, 2018

2. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Hello so I have my desktop computer and my laptop I am able to access my desktop computer from my laptop on the network but when I go outside the network at first it was telling me the server is not a trusted certificate so I uploaded the server as a trusted
    certificate now it’s telling me the server name does not match the server on RD desktop client ..how is an easy way to get around that or fix it?

I already checked port 3389 and it is open on my ISP.. I can access my desktop perfectly when I’m on the network through RD Client it’s only when I’m trying to access it from outside the network is when it gives me this error about the server names not
    matching ..Any help will be greatly appreciated!

petermakhlouf, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem
    is solved and so I tried to access it again and now it’s telling me the rd sever certificate name does not match the computer name and server..

any help will be greatly appreciate it!!

Moved from: Apps on Windows 10
    /Other Windows apps /Tools

petermakhlouf, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Hello Melowin,

Do I understand from your reply to Peter that in order to use the W10Pro remote desktop feature requires IT pro level skills?

OK, I'll play the age card, here. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network :)

I'm 78 and don't speak computer like you young native speakers. Searching on "how to connect to a remote desktop computer" returned articles full of re configuring my modem with permanent IP address and porting this and that. Doing things on that level is out
    of the question for me. Now, your reply to Peter seems to confirm that this feature is not for ordinary users.

I am the controller of a county political party, and run our books on Quickbooks. I wanted to share full working access to this single-user database with my deputy controller, and read-only access to our finance/budget oversight committee.

So, I bought the W10Pro update, installed in on a computer that will be dedicated to this purpose, and now want to install the QB database there and access it from these other remote computers.

Is there a straightforward way to do what I need using the Win10Pro remote desktop? Or must I hire an IT consultant (BestBuy's Geeks?) to set it all up?

Thanks for any advice you can provide

Jack Phillips

camjack891, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

1. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network - Similar Threads - Remote desktop issue

2. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  3. Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop works for my local network but not outside my local network: My old home computer worked fine with remote desktop both in and out of my local network. I bought a new home computer with 11 pro, set up the remote desktop the same as in past and exactly as instructed and it works in my network, but does not work outside my network. I have...
  4. Remote Desktop from different network

Remote Desktop from different network: I'm trying to connect my laptop to my home PC through remote desktop. I want to use the power of my home PC at school. The networks are different, so how do I connect across the internet? Thanks....
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop RD Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Remote Desktop RD Client: yesterday I took delivery of a new iPad. Having updated it I followed instruction for setting up my Windows 10 Pro PC, connected the iPad and saw it sync it. I then opened RD Client and added a PC. I used the PC's IP address to identify it, and the router address as the...
  6. Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to Remote Desktop from outside the network: Hi! Since corona virus kicked in, most people work from home now and so am I. I used Remote Desktop almost every day and it worked perfectly, and last few days, when I try to connect to my work PC from outside the network, I get error notification 0x204 and says to check if...
  7. Network issue in Remote desktop Connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network issue in Remote desktop Connection: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...
  8. Remote access from home desktop to work computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access from home desktop to work computer: I am trying to use my surface laptop from home to access my work computer. Very occasionally this works properly but, 99% of the time I just get connected to a blank black screen (I can move my mouse cursor around but nothing else). Any ideas how to solve this?...
  9. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Remote desktop works perfectly in network..When i try to access outside network( main reason i need it at all)..1st it told me that The server certificate was not trusted so I found the certificate and I uploaded to the trusted certificates ...So that problem is solved and...
  10. Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rd Remote desktop issue accessing computer from outside the network: Hello so I have my desktop computer and my laptop I am able to access my desktop computer from my laptop on the network but when I go outside the network at first it was telling me the server is not a trusted certificate so I uploaded the server as a trusted certificate now...