Windows 10: RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow. Everything else is perfect (surfing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jadouber, Aug 2, 2015.

1. jadouber Win User

RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

After upgrading my Surface Pro 3 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my RDP connections became very slow.

Everything else is perfect (surfing the web, downloading etc.). Only the RDP connections have lots of delay (almost a second when typing).

I've checked the following:

- The internet connection: solid download/upload speed, so that's not the problem
    - Windows firewall: disabled it, didn't fix it.
    - Netsh autotuning settings via command prompt: didn't fix it.

Does someone else also have this problem or maybe have a solution for this?

With kind regards,

:)

jadouber, Aug 2, 2015

2. Slow remote desktop after windows 10 updates

I am also experiencing similar problem.

I used laptop with windows vista , RDP is good while connecting my office desktop having Windows 7.

Now I purchased new laptop with Windows 10, but RDP is very slow by connecting to my office desktop.

There must be some problem in Windows 10 RDP graphic display.

bhoopal_reddy, Aug 2, 2015
  3. hunkoon Win User
    RDP is too slow to use with windows 10

After upgrading to Creator's (1703-build 15063.) I also slowed the RDP.

It is normal for existing versions, but upgrading will do.

Screen update is very slow and can not be used. It is also often reconnected.

Clean Boot can not be solved either. Is there a solution?

hunkoon, Aug 2, 2015
  4. CyberTod Win User

I have a similar problem, but maybe not exactly the same.
    RDP works very good, but If I open some video or game it works good for around 15 seconds and then gets very laggy until I stop the video or game.
    I used task manager to check bandwidth utilization and what I see is that when I start the video it goes above 10mbit/s which is completely normal for such a task and I am on a 100mbit/s LAN, but after a few seconds it drops to around 1-2Mbit/s and that is when it starts lagging,

CyberTod, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. RDP connections very slow after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - RDP connections very

2. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.: Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications here, it doesn't make it at all.When turned on, it takes about half a minute for the login screen to appear. And even after...
  3. Very slow internet connection after Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow internet connection after Windows 10 updates.: After two windows 10 updates in February 2020 I have a very slow internet connection when I start my desktop PC. However, if I re-start, the internet connection is fine. All other devices i-phone, i-pad etc connect without any problem so there is nothing wrong with my...
  4. Windows 10 very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  5. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates: I run multiple Hyper-V VMs from a single host. I updated all computers over the past few months with the September/October Windows 10 update and the various subsequent fixes. The RDP connections with the various VMs are fine and unaffected. However, the connection to the...
  6. windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 very slow before and after upgrades: In the last few days my pc has become very slow. Several restarts, all take a long time. Very occasionally bursts into life. Today did latest update, seemed to improve, now as bad as ever. Advice please...
  7. Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit

Very slow internet after upgrade to 64bit: Hi, I just upgraded from Win 10 32 to Win 10 64 bit and my internet connection is very slow, about 20/30 kb/s. It was a fresh install, deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch. I have looked on the forums and cant find a solution that works, I've checked the network...
  8. VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10: Can anybody solve this one? After upgrading to Ten, my Internet speed plunged from 18 MBPS down to barely over 1 MBPS. It's specific to Windows 10, and here's I know: I reverted back to Windows 8.1 and my net speed returned to normal. A week later, I upgraded to Ten again...
  9. Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow bootup after Windows 10 upgrade from 7: I did the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 couple days back via the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant downloaded from the Microsoft Window 10 upgrade site. After the upgrade, my boot up time has dramatically increased, whether it be from a cold start or from a restart. It...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...