Windows 10: RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working

Discus and support RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can successfully connect and log in, and see the current state of desktop / windows, but when I click or type, nothing appears to be working. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cslewis2015, Nov 19, 2015.

1. RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working

I can successfully connect and log in, and see the current state of desktop / windows, but when I click or type, nothing appears to be working.

If I disconnect, and reconnect, it appears as though the mouse clicks are having an effect, as the state of the windows has changed.

RDP was working fine prior to upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 pro.

I am running a 32 bit version of windows.

Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

:)

cslewis2015, Nov 19, 2015

2. Remote Desktop Connection

I would like to access my computer at work from home using RDP.

In the past I would VPN into the network then RDP to my PC, but I don't want to do that anymore.

I want to use RDP right from home to my PC at work. My computer at work is a Windows 7 Pro machine and the one at home is running windows 10 Pro. I have enabled remote assistance on my PC at work and checked the firewall. The next step is to use the FQDN
    in RDP to connect to my PC at work, but it didn't workRDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working :(

How to I get this to work?

FYI, I am a domain admin on this network.

finsfree11, Nov 19, 2015
  3. USB REDIRECTION/REMOTEFX Windows 10 enterprise

here is the situation I have.. I have a windows 8.1 enterprise machine.. with a windows 7 pro machine as a client. the windows 7 machines RDPs into the the 8.1 enterprise and has remotefx usb redirection working fine I need to pull the local scanner etc
    over to the remote machine. I now have a copy of windows 10 enterprise and I cannot get the usb redirection to work from the same client computer. and I have tried with a windows 10 pro machine also the usb redirection over RDP does not show devices on
    the enterprise 10 machines... is there something I need to enable on the 10 enterprise to make usb redirection to work... I am trying to move from the 8.1 enterprise to 10 enterprise but I cannot do this unless I get the RDP usb redirection to work. and I
    checked the settings between the 8.1 and 10 they are identical as far as I can tell.

JamesHackford, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working

1. RDP from Windows 7 to Windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - RDP working

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  4. Windows 11 RDP does not work until signed in normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 RDP does not work until signed in normally: I have users who remote into a Windows 11 Pro VM. If they have to reboot the machine, then RDP does not work until someone logs into normally from the console.Anyway to fix this?...
  5. Windows 11 RDP does not work until signed in normally

Windows 11 RDP does not work until signed in normally: I have users who remote into a Windows 11 Pro VM. If they have to reboot the machine, then RDP does not work until someone logs into normally from the console.Anyway to fix this?...
  6. RDP with Azure AD Auth has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP with Azure AD Auth has stopped working.: Our organization has a couple Windows devices located at a colocation data center. Since we began as a company, we have used RDP to remote into these device for operations and troubleshooting. They are configured to allow RDP for specific users with Azure AD Authentication....
  7. RDP with Azure AD Auth has stopped working.

RDP with Azure AD Auth has stopped working.: Our organization has a couple Windows devices located at a colocation data center. Since we began as a company, we have used RDP to remote into these device for operations and troubleshooting. They are configured to allow RDP for specific users with Azure AD Authentication....
  8. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  9. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  10. RDP on android app does not work.

RDP on android app does not work.: So basically when I try to connect to my PC over my local network the screen would turn white for a second before returning me to the connect page. This is basically what happens. Here is a video of it happening...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 cannot rdp windows 10

2. cannot rdp to windows 10 from windows 7

3. rdp from windows 7 to 10 not working

4. rdp not working windows 7 to windows 10