Windows 10: RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed.

Discus and support RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Have my lappy on win 10 and my work system on 10 as well. This morning I tried to RDP to the work system and was plesently greeted with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RWOne, Aug 20, 2015.

1. RWOne Win User

RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed.

Hi,

Have my lappy on win 10 and my work system on 10 as well.

This morning I tried to RDP to the work system and was plesently greeted with windows security saying my credentials don't work and the logon failed.

This is an existing setup - IP of router and 3389 fwding to my work systems local lan IP, it may have been an update, because everything else is fine - fwd stil in place, my work system's local IP is static, hasn't changed.

I'm using the admin logon to the computer, and I double checked it by (duh) signing out of my system and back on (not on a domain either)

What could cause this other than 10 and or an update?

:)

RWOne, Aug 20, 2015
  2. OldOldGuy Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Change Port Problem

Windows 10 RDP works with standard port 3389. I have been trying to change a to a NEW port for additional security. I have done the standard changes and entered the NEW TCP port via regedit "TCP port". I have also changed my router NAT to the NEW port.
    I have changed the logon to include the NEW port. I have rebooted the W10 host and W7 remote client. I have tried different unused ports. The RDP logon always fails unable to locate.

Any ideas? Has anyone done this successfully in W10?

OldOldGuy, Aug 20, 2015
  3. E.C.Yoong Win User
    Windows 10 pro (64bit) - RDP not responding after username and password

Hi

i have issue with my laptop dell laptop e7240 running on windows 10 pro (64bit)

i have make a clean installation for windows 10 and installed necessary driver and application from dell computer (include dell data protection).

after initial clean installation, the rdp is working fine and no issue connecting remote to server. i have been use the laptop for a week (not join domain), however, the rdp not working after i joined domain.

normally, after keyed username and password, rdp will immediately show up remote server logon but my case rdp will be not responding after a keyed username and password.

i have try using local account user with "user right" and also with "administrator right" to try up rdp to server, the result is same.

i also try my other username with "domain admin right" to use the rdp but also failed.

someone suggested me that maybe the dell data protection is issue...... which i not sure..... and it is working till i join domain.

using my own username, i have tried on other windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro computer.... i manage to use rdp without issue.

E.C.Yoong, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed.

1. RDP no longer connects - gives logon failed. - Similar Threads - RDP longer connects

2. RDP Failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Failing?: Hello all:I have a Macbook Pro dual booted with windows, and I sign into it using an M365 Account. I generally access the PC via RDP, but for some reason today it has stopped working with the message: "The Credentials that were used to connect to 192.168.0.190 did not work....
  3. RDP Failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Failing?: Hello all:I have a Macbook Pro dual booted with windows, and I sign into it using an M365 Account. I generally access the PC via RDP, but for some reason today it has stopped working with the message: "The Credentials that were used to connect to 192.168.0.190 did not work....
  4. Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error": There is an RDP farm with 3 RDP terminal servers in our customer environment. When connected to the RDP server via our SSLVPN product, it gives the "internal error". The Problem gets up when one RDS server distributes the RDP connection to another RDS server because of load...
  5. Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error"

Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error": There is an RDP farm with 3 RDP terminal servers in our customer environment. When connected to the RDP server via our SSLVPN product, it gives the "internal error". The Problem gets up when one RDS server distributes the RDP connection to another RDS server because of load...
  6. Title: RDP-Connection via SSLVPN gives "internal Error"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  8. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  9. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can No Longer Connect RDP on One User: I have been using Remote Desktop on my current user on this computer to connect to another computer on the same network. This has worked for a year or more. Today it will find the remote computer and try and connect, but gives the error: This computer cannot connect to the...