Windows 10: RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

Discus and support RDP Requesting only a password, no username. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have kind of a wierd one I think, I haven't been able to find an answer or solution, so I'm hoping someone here has a solution. On my domain... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tackleberry, Aug 21, 2018.

1. RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

I have kind of a wierd one I think, I haven't been able to find an answer or solution, so I'm hoping someone here has a solution.

On my domain workstation, whenever I go to connect to a server over RDP, I get this stupid box:

RDP Requesting only a password, no username. [​IMG]

Now, I can click 'more options', and use a different account, where I can then type in my domain Admin account username and password, but this happens every time. I don't know how it got to be this way. Win 7 always prompted for username and password, and as far as I can tell, this is the only time I get prompted in such a fashion; if I attempt to connect to another PCs hard drive from explorer (e.g. \\COMPUTERNAME\C$) I get the username/password prompt as normal. So I guess my question is, can this be set back to the way it was? This happens with the Win10 Pro's RDP client, as well as Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7. Any thoughts?

:)

Tackleberry, Aug 21, 2018
  2. E.C.Yoong Win User

Windows 10 pro (64bit) - RDP not responding after username and password

Hi

i have issue with my laptop dell laptop e7240 running on windows 10 pro (64bit)

i have make a clean installation for windows 10 and installed necessary driver and application from dell computer (include dell data protection).

after initial clean installation, the rdp is working fine and no issue connecting remote to server. i have been use the laptop for a week (not join domain), however, the rdp not working after i joined domain.

normally, after keyed username and password, rdp will immediately show up remote server logon but my case rdp will be not responding after a keyed username and password.

i have try using local account user with "user right" and also with "administrator right" to try up rdp to server, the result is same.

i also try my other username with "domain admin right" to use the rdp but also failed.

someone suggested me that maybe the dell data protection is issue...... which i not sure..... and it is working till i join domain.

using my own username, i have tried on other windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro computer.... i manage to use rdp without issue.

E.C.Yoong, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Aug 21, 2018
  4. RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

Username and Password textbox not showing

Hi Friends,

Today my laptop upgraded to windows 10 automatically after i logged into my account if i take the sharing the username and password field is disabled and it is taking my current username and password when i not able to take the RDP it pops the same message.

RDP Requesting only a password, no username. [​IMG]

Kindly help me to fix this issue.

drameshcbe, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

RDP Requesting only a password, no username.

1. RDP Requesting only a password, no username. - Similar Threads - RDP Requesting password

2. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  3. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password: When I set my Windows up for the first time in my laptop, I used a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft account. The set up was well and no issues happened then.A couple months later to now, I am suddenly requested to enter both my Username and Password. I have...
  4. Windows Prompting Me with a Login Screen Requesting a Username and Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  6. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  7. Password request

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Password request: MS keeps asking for my password every 2-3 minutes!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/8e8225c2-d7df-4b39-ac1e-8b21ede43707
  8. RDP and Username/Password

RDP and Username/Password: I use often RDP to connect to my laptop as I can see the three screens presented by my desktop workstation making work a whole lot easier. My initial problem was it would use something like [MicrosoftAccount]/[Username] to log in. The 1st strange thing I noticed was that...
  9. username and password

username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d
  10. Password request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"