Windows 10: RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed

Discus and support RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks I know a load of you have things line NAS servers etc on Linux boxes -- and running them headless is the usual way. It's simple though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 12, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed

Hi folks

I know a load of you have things line NAS servers etc on Linux boxes -- and running them headless is the usual way.

It's simple though to control them from your Windows computers --works fine in W10 too.

1) On the Linux side install XRDP (usually comes in your package manager) and start the XDRP service. You need the X-Server on your Linux box and chkconfig --levels 5 xrdp on.

2) Now on your Windows box simply use RDP as you would to any other windows box -- just enter the IP address or the Host name.

3) you've now got your Linux server desktop on your Windows box and can control it from there.

RDP to Linux  servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

There is nothing to download. Just got a Surface Pro 3 with W10 Pro. It comes with RDP Server and RDP Client (user's question was unclear as to whether "they were looking for RDP Server or Client" . Why do you need to download an app from the app store?
    Windows has always come with RDP Client. Depending on the version, it comes with RDP Server as well.

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Feb 12, 2016
  3. H.T.B.N. Win User
    H.T.B.N., Feb 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. RDP to Linux servers from Windows no Windows estra software needed - Similar Threads - RDP Linux servers

2. RDP Clipboard - Windows 10 to/from Server 2016/2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Clipboard - Windows 10 to/from Server 2016/2019: I have been on every possible reference to this issue on the internet.Allow me to explain:We ran updates on 3 servers last week.I also ran an update on my Win10 PRO box.Since then it has become impossible to use the clipboard as I used to.I have modified die GP to disable...
  3. RDP Clipboard - Windows 10 to/from Server 2016/2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Clipboard - Windows 10 to/from Server 2016/2019: I have been on every possible reference to this issue on the internet.Allow me to explain:We ran updates on 3 servers last week.I also ran an update on my Win10 PRO box.Since then it has become impossible to use the clipboard as I used to.I have modified die GP to disable...
  4. RDP Clipboard - Windows 10 to/from Server 2016/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to RDP from Windows 10 to Windows 2016 server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to RDP from Windows 10 to Windows 2016 server: Hi Everyone, Since Friday, possibly after a windows update, we are not able to connect via RDP to a Windows 2016 standard server. My RDP is correctly configured on the server as we had no problems before. I noticed that when I restart the Remote Desktop Services, we are...
  6. Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Cannot RDP / VNC view FROM Windows to Linux desktop: Hi folks Just messing about before "Boxing Day" dinner -- at least not cooking it today !!!! just eating / drinking /pub later for UK Footie. No probs whatsoever with connecting to Windows desktops (whether via VM or real) FROM a LINUX machine Cannot get Windows to show...
  7. RPC from Windows client to Linux server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RPC from Windows client to Linux server: Hello, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client to a linux (RHEL 7) server. I am very new to rpc (must be DCE RPC), so If you have a working example (hello world maybe?)...
  8. Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server: Apparently, there is no explicit way one can achieve this. I have a script on a windows server that I want to execute from a linux server programatically. Is it a supported use case for Windows? If so, can I get a code fragment that shows the same....
  9. RDP from Windows to Linux - no Windows software needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP from Windows to Linux - no Windows software needed: Hi there I know people on these boards often run things like Linux / NAS Linux boxes. RDP from Windows is a very convenient way of accessing it -- here's how to access a typical LINUX box from Windows just using Windows RDP --- works fine although depending on your...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server: The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is available in Windows Insider builds of Windows Server. Now developers and application administrators can run tools they use in Linux environments alongside Cmd and PowerShell. If you want to jump straight in, the installation guide...