Windows 10: RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

Discus and support RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xoy74, Aug 3, 2015.

1. xoy74 Win User

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I can see the desktop for a second of two, perhaps make a couple clicks, then it gets disconnected.
    This happens on both PCs. I had no issues with this with Win 7.
    I tried things like not connecting the clipboard, sound, changing the color depth, etc.
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forum but didn't see any similar issues.

:)

xoy74, Aug 3, 2015
  2. SnakeAG Win User

PC connected via a remote desktop is going to sleep.

You dont uderstand me.

I use the same power management plan on 400 PC (monitor Off 15 min, PC sleep 30 min) - OS Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (-1703)

When I connect to this PC via RDP, this PC not going to sleep and connection is solid to disconnect RDP session.

On upgraded PC to W10 1709 not, remote connected PC via RDP going to sleep after diferent time period.

SnakeAG, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Bluetooth Gets disconnected after few seconds

Unfortunately there is no way to connect that way as far as I know. It is not one of the supported Bluetooth features.

It is a feature some folks have asked for and maybe we will see it someday but for now, try to use Wi-Fi to connect to the net.

So maybe this program might help you out with what you want to do:

Tether-X

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tether-x/5d347c63-fba6-4092-abdf-0845db1dfe7e

Tether-X helps you turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. By configuring a few settings in your computer, you can take advantage of the big screen to do anything you want on the web using your phone's data plan. Watch the video how to setup tethering
    for quick setup: How to setup Wifi tethering on PC via Tether-X for Windows Phone 8

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Xoy74, welcome to the Ten Forums.

You could try if setting the connection never to disconnect automatically helps, you can do it in Group Policy Editor (Win + R, type GPEDIT.MSC, press Enter). Enable the three settings shown in the screenshot below setting the Active session limit to NEVER. You will find these settings in Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Session Time Limit:

RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds [​IMG]

Kari, Aug 3, 2015
  5. xoy74 Win User
    Hi Kari and thanks for the quick reply.
    Unfortunately that didn't help but I did make a little progress. I realized I get disconnected because the console session logs back in automatically and kicks out the RDP session. If I manually sign out from the console of the W10 PC then connect through RDP, the session stays up.
    That's different from the way W7 used to work. W7 would "lock" the console session while a RDP session was connected.

xoy74, Aug 3, 2015
  6. berben Win User
    I have pretty much the same problem. 2 computers and I can't RDP to both of them. Local account keeps logging itself in when I try to RDP into them and it kicks me out. Have you found any solution to that? I looked everywhere for the answer and couldn't get any info.

berben, Aug 20, 2015
  7. xoy74 Win User
    The only solution I found was to set my Win10 computers to not autologon (I used to have them logon automatically with blank passwords, after win10 upgrade I had to set passwords for the accounts).

xoy74, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Whiterox Win User

I answered a similar question in that thread -> RDP to W10 login issues
    Sadly I haven't found a solution to keep working without setting up passwords.

Whiterox, Aug 25, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Install RPD wrapper on each computer you want to RDP into. It will allow you to RDP in with a completely separate account and the local console user will be totally unaffected. I know the page is in Russian. I always click on the "Mirror Download" button.

Oppps, DUH....here's the link!
    RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp.

Here is the mirror download link:
    Releases · binarymaster/rdpwrap · GitHub

Oohhhh, looks like there is a new version RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds :). Going to have to update mine!

NavyLCDR, Aug 25, 2015
  10. Whiterox Win User
    Thanks Navy!
    I already used that tool succesfully *Smile Though this is not the final solution I was looking for, because in 99% I want to get the session I was logged in local before.

Let's hope M$ is going to "fix" this. Imho this has to be a bug, because it worked like this since Windows 7 (or even before). Or they implemented that as a new "feature" ...

Cheers

Whiterox, Aug 25, 2015
  11. Saintnick Win User
    Wow, well found xoy. I can confirm this issue still persists as of May 2016.

I would very strongly advise against using RDP "wrappers" out of obvious security reasons.

Saintnick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds - Similar Threads - RDP W10 disconnected

2. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  3. Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds: Hello, I am running Windows 10 x64 version 10.0.19042 on a DELL Inspiron 7537 laptop and I cannot use external keyboards. I used three different keyboards Cherry RS6600 USB and APD KUS0967, both with smart card reader that work on other computers but not on mine....
  4. Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds: Hello, I am running Windows 10 x64 version 10.0.19042 on a DELL Inspiron 7537 laptop and I cannot use external keyboards. I used three different keyboards Cherry RS6600 USB and APD KUS0967, both with smart card reader that work on other computers but not on mine....
  5. Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop and I tried connecting a bluetoothe device. It pairs but after a few seconds it disconnects. This happens for different devices. I've already tried to reinstall the driver, install another drive, restart the bluetooth services and install...
  7. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop and I tried connecting a bluetoothe device. It pairs but after a few seconds it disconnects. This happens for different devices. I've already tried to reinstall the driver, install another drive, restart the bluetooth services and install...
  8. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Wifi disconnects for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects for a few seconds: I am having an issue with my HP Envy 17 j177nr laptop. When connected to the internet via wifi, I will lose connection for a few seconds. During this, I will have a "no" symbol over the globe in the taskbar. The laptop will connect back to the internet after 3 - 5 seconds....
  10. RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected repeatedly: I have 3 computers (a HP Desktop, a LENOVO AIO Desktop and a HP Laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I connect remotely to both desktops from the HP Laptop. However, the HP Desktop remote connection disconnects only if I minimize the window. There is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp drops after 5 seconds

2. Window 10 remote desktop disconnects

3. window 10 remote control disconnected after few seconds

4. rdp session disconnected seconds,
  5. w10 after 1809 rdp cant connect,
  6. rdp windows 10 disconnect after a few seconds