Windows 10: RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Discus and support RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey guys just a quick question Just wanna ask how i would connect to my Win7 VM that uses RemoteFX on my Win10 physical machine. I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by HootenannyMagic, Jul 30, 2017.

1. RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Hey guys just a quick question

Just wanna ask how i would connect to my Win7 VM that uses RemoteFX on my Win10 physical machine. I can't seem to figure it out cause i know nothing about it, but i really wanted to use a VM just to separate parts of my work.

I have added RemoteFX adapter to my Win7 Enterprise VM but of course, i can't connect to it using the hyper-v connection, so all i wanted to know was how to connect to it using RDP on my host PC (when i try to do so, it says that my host user isn't configured for remote login and stuff like that).

Just some advice please i'm still a noob and will always be a noob.
    Thanks a lot.

:)

HootenannyMagic, Jul 30, 2017

2. remotefx

Hi

I would like to know if the current version of windows phone supports RDP 7.1...i.e. if I can initiate a RemoteFX connection with a Windows 7 VM on Hyper-V...

Thanks

Michael Camilleri

MichaelCamilleri, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Hyper-V - add GPU, wide resolution

RemoteFX may not be compatible with Windows 7.

Once RemoteFX is added to a Windows 10 VM I'm able to select the resolution with just the default Hyper-V drivers.

IJustHelping, Jul 30, 2017
  4. RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

Nevermind, i just figured my CPU doesn't even have SLAT support for the RemoteFX...

HootenannyMagic, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

1. RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V - Similar Threads - RDP Win7 Enterprise

2. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  3. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  4. Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-: Hello, Sorry if this post already exist somewhere else, I checked through all of the category's pages and didn't find anything related. Reasoning behind this whole endeavor: I want to separate Programming, gaming and DBA activities from my main OS. Basically I'm OCD...
  5. Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.

Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.: Not a big deal as easy enough to get round issue but I discovered something odd when using rdp. I have a vm and in enhanced mode, it is sett up to show host drives in the VM and this works fine. If I remote connect to Host using Splashtop, I can see the Host drives in...
  6. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  7. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  8. Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607)

Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607): Hello, i've been experiencing problems with Hyper-V since last weeks thursday (09-03-2017, DD-MM-YYYY) trying to run it on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (up to date) with Hyper-V enabled. For some reason Hyper-V doesn't want to start any VM from my Windows 10 Enterprise...
  9. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....
  10. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!: Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs. This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway. cheers...
Tags: