Windows 10: Re-activation window causes disaster

Discus and support Re-activation window causes disaster in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm with NavyLCDR on this. I suspect if you Google the phone number given you'll find it doesn't belong to Microsoft at all. More likely it's a malware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nikilet, May 15, 2017.

1. David H Win User

Re-activation window causes disaster

Here in NZ we have had the scammers ringing around trying to get into our computers using the1850645951 number, a number that is Australian. On my phone you just add the 006 to get the country code

David H, May 16, 2017
  2. Berton Win User

All the same calls I've received and some of my clients when I pinned them down have been from Windows Tech Support, Windows Support group or some such, never said Microsoft except one time one of them said he was a 'Microsoft Engineer". It's the thing about names, saying Windows automatically means Microsoft. In a similar vein, I've had 2 calls purporting to be the IRS saying they were filing a lawsuite against me.

Berton, May 17, 2017
  3. Yeah, I get a call with "hello I am from Windows", lol every couple of months. I then ask them what's it like not to have a conscience? Do you enjoy ruining peoples lives? click, dial tone.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Re-activation window causes disaster

1. Re-activation window causes disaster - Similar Threads - activation window causes

2. Re activation of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re activation of windows: So last Friday I changed my motherboard/processor and installed windows and activated the key. All well.Unfortunately during the process of changing hardware I did wear and tear on the motherboard cpu pins.I got another main board and reinstalled again windows but now when I...
  3. Re activation of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re activation of windows: So last Friday I changed my motherboard/processor and installed windows and activated the key. All well.Unfortunately during the process of changing hardware I did wear and tear on the motherboard cpu pins.I got another main board and reinstalled again windows but now when I...
  4. Windows re-activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows re-activation: I recently changed my hardware and noticed I need my Windows is no longer activated, so after a bit of looking around I found the re-activation troubleshooter, clicked I recently changed my hardware, signed into my microsoft account that was previously linked with my digital...
  5. Windows re-activation

Windows re-activation: i have a copy of windows 10 pro that came on my old computer. about 2 years ago i built my new computer and logged in to windows and it activated it for me automatically with the same windows 10 pro. yesterday i swapped motherboards and processors and now windows 10 is...
  6. Re-Activation of Windows

Re-Activation of Windows: I have recently just installed a new motherboard into my PC. I have gone through the troubleshooter, and my Windows 10 Pro License was popping up from my old PC, asking me to confirm that this was the device I am using now. I clicked Activate and after a short while, it says...
  7. Windows Re-activation

Windows Re-activation: I had a digital license and it was also binded with my Microsoft account, I have recently changed my PCs hardware(Mobo, RAM, Processor) and then I'm not able to activate windows. Launched the troubleshooter, It didn't find any licenses, then I clicked "I've changed my pc's...
  8. Re-activating Windows

Re-activating Windows: I upgraded hardware on my computer and now my windows is not activated. I signed in with the correct account, and when I try to use the "changed hardware" option, the "old" computer showed up with its previous hardware specs. When I select the option to say it's the same...
  9. Windows Re activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Re activation: Hello.. I have Bought an Acer Gaming leptop yesterday but my leptop only have one DRIVE available so i am going to re install my windows 10 by making hard disk partition Like Local Disc C D E etc.. So Can I get my Windows re activated even after installing a new windows...
  10. Windows re-activation

Windows re-activation: I just recently changed my MOBO on my desktop and forgot to prep Windows for the hardware change. After the change I went in and tried the troubleshooter to no avail. Then I tried calling customer service (which is a daunting task btw) They were somewhat rude actually... My...