Windows 10: Re beeping noise from PC

Discus and support Re beeping noise from PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I think I have the answer, but would like someone to confirm my theory.... My PC has started beeping intermittently, I believe it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Re beeping noise from PC

Hello

I think I have the answer, but would like someone to confirm my theory....

My PC has started beeping intermittently, I believe it only happens when transferring files across...I noticed that when the PC beeps the file transfer stops for a few seconds then resumes...( copying from one HDD to two others at the same time ) if I pause the copying there is no beeping....I am making the assumption that there is a fault with the target HDD which is resulting in the occasional beeping from the PC and stopping both the other HDD"s from copying...

If this sound s likely then I will back up and destroy this suspect HDD..

mamy thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 17, 2016
  2. RoseXV Win User

freezing and making beeping noise

laptop keeps freezing and makes a beeping noise

***Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC ***

RoseXV, Oct 17, 2016
  3. harley#98 Win User
    windows 10 triple beep after restarting

Lars, did you resolve this issue and, did you need to erase all the data on your hard drive to do so? I have the same beeping problem, which started up after I switched from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and would like to resolve it.

The noise begins on start up and seems to stop after five or ten minutes. It seems that you should be able to silence the beeping noise without taking the drastic step of erasing all of your pc's data!

harley#98, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Re beeping noise from PC

Update
    I backed up the HDD to another....with the occasional beeping continuing....I then disconnected the suspect HDD whilst copying to another HDD and NO beeping at all....I have arranged to have the HDD replaced under guarantee....but oddly enough as a last resort I unplugged the data leads and replugged them in and the beeping has ' at the moment' gone away, could it be this simple ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 21, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Download a disk diagnostic utility for your HDD manufacturer and run it to check for problems. Also check you don't have any loose connections between your HDD and motherboard.

Steve C, Oct 21, 2016
  6. I did check the sata data and power leads and as I said the beeping seems to have stopped..
    already arranged a refund, going to,buy a WD 4TB HDD, don't want to run out of room LOL

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Re beeping noise from PC

1. Re beeping noise from PC - Similar Threads - beeping noise

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  5. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  6. RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker

RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker: Hello,I have a hp spectre x360, randomly when I plugged in a headphone jack an incredibly loud beeping noise has begun intermittently coming out of the right speaker on the underside of the laptop. I removed the headphone jack and the noise remains. It seems almost random yet...
  7. RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker: Hello,I have a hp spectre x360, randomly when I plugged in a headphone jack an incredibly loud beeping noise has begun intermittently coming out of the right speaker on the underside of the laptop. I removed the headphone jack and the noise remains. It seems almost random yet...
  8. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  9. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  10. Screen freezes and beeping noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes and beeping noises: Lately I've been having this error; my screen would freeze or slow down for about 10-20 seconds, and afterwards a number of beeps would play between 2-5, no consistency between them. After that the PC would continue working as usual, but this has been happening to me on a...