Windows 10: RE : Chuwi Duo OS questions..... Windows 10 and Android OS.

Discus and support RE : Chuwi Duo OS questions..... Windows 10 and Android OS. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No sure where I should post this. Please move this if it's in the wrong section. I have a question about Duo OS Windows 10 and Android : Example :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Dec 2, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : Chuwi Duo OS questions..... Windows 10 and Android OS.

No sure where I should post this.
    Please move this if it's in the wrong section.

I have a question about Duo OS Windows 10 and Android :
    Example : Chuwi H10 Plus 10.8" Windows 10 Home and Android 5.1 Lollipop.
    There is a note that says the following........
    Note: This Android/Windows tablet is designed only to work with the current Android/Windows OS installed in it. Any alterations such as upgrades or flashing a newer version will void the warranty.

Questions :
    1.Does that mean this tablet will not be able to have the cumulative updates for new builds ?
    2. Current Android OS is 7.1. Does that mean this tablet will be stuck at 5.1 Lollipop ?

:)

davidhk, Dec 2, 2017
  2. jracine2x Win User

Touchscreen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I have...well had...a chuwi vi10pro 64GB Rom/2GB Ram dual boot OS tablet with windows 8.1 (upgraded to Windows10) and Android 4.4.

I guess my question the tablet updated to windows 10 beautifully, after a while some if not most of my windows storage would get eaten up. I checked all throughout the tablet but nothing. I factory reset with windows 10 but after the factory and wipe of
    the hard drive (which was probably my problem) my windows 10 no longer has the touch screen capability and also the android side is completely gone...

The windows 10 no longer has that "switch OS" icon anymore which my dual boot tablet did but no longer functions as a touch screen or a dual boot.

P.S...I luckily still have a keyboard with a touch pad for my tablet?

Could someone...anyone please help me out???

jracine2x, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Need help - Chuwi V10HD Windows Tablet micro USB OTG stopped working!

Is your Tablet Chuwi V10HD 3G Dual OS?

If yes means tell me how did you installed Windows 10 in your Tablet.

Please!

Sri KrishnaBabu, Dec 2, 2017
  4. RE : Chuwi Duo OS questions..... Windows 10 and Android OS.

Hi David.

Not sure I can answer Android question. I reload Windows 10 on one of these tablets at the start of summer with some fiddling and it loaded 1703. So I have to imagine they will take the updates. Every thing I load came from their site.

Found the site rather confusing and support more so but eventually I got it loaded.

The person I did it for was from out of town or I could investigate if it got 1709.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    That is a ridiculous note. I would not touch it with a bargepole. Anyway, these Chinese import warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on.

You probably will not get any OTA updates from 5.1 either. Restricting Windows is just a warranty cop out so they only have to provide minimal support.

Duo OS tablets are a gimmick really anyway. Buy a decent android device or windows device (or one of each).

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  6. davidhk Win User
    Essentially I have been yearning for a Windows 10 Tablet.
    I already have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1 OS. I am very satisfied with it.
    I also have the old Surface Pro1 running Win 10 Pro. I hate it because it weighs like a Ton. It gets hot sooner than I will accept. Battery holding charge is a suspect. The new Surface varieties are out of the question. can't afford it.
    Chuwi Surbook w/ type keyboard is enticing but still slightly above my budget.
    Chuwi computers have been given high marks on reviews. That is why I am looking into the Chuwi H10 Plus.

davidhk, Dec 2, 2017
  7. As I said the support was difficult and when I emailed sometimes I would get an immediate response and other times it was three days after follow up notes. Some emails went unanswered. Their web site had plenty of stuff, better than some laptop makers we've all been to.

Can't comment on usability. When I played just to confirm it was working it browsed very fast. The person I reloaded for had two and was giving the one I worked on to friend. He seemed to be very happy with them although he had no chance trying to follow documentation.

Have a student with a surface, very nice box but like you said the price reflects it.

Caledon Ken, Dec 2, 2017
  8. davidhk Win User

Thanks to both members with your replies.
    I suppose I shall eat less and save more money for a Surbook.

davidhk, Dec 2, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    I have a Linx tablet -very good, reasonable price and quite a good unofficial website.

I recently had an issue with 16299 not working on my Linx 8 (first gen model), and within a couple of weeks, Exertis had issued a bios update.

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  10. davidhk Win User
    I did not have the luxury/opportunity to study coding/programming, except Basic Language which I self-taught in my later years. Computer was in its pre-embryonic stage during my college years.
    To dual boot Linux and Win 10 is plausible but not my preferred choice. I would been clueless on Linux. I still possess my IQ capacity but not the ambition to learn a new language. The learning curve is intimidating.

davidhk, Dec 2, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    I was not talking about linUx but about a brand of windows 10 tablets called LINX (no U).

cereberus, Dec 2, 2017
  12. davidhk Win User
    Oh. Sorry. "Old" eyes.
    Ok. I'll take a look.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. RE : Chuwi Duo OS questions..... Windows 10 and Android OS. - Similar Threads - Chuwi Duo questions

2. Unable to install a android OS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install a android OS.: Hi I got a lenovo ideapad 5 15acl05 laptop ryzen5 5500U and im trying to install a android os alongside it but whenever i boot through usb It never boots. It just looks like booting and automatically restarts the pc and the loop continues. Like when it enters into boot mode...
  3. Unable to install a android OS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install a android OS.: Hi I got a lenovo ideapad 5 15acl05 laptop ryzen5 5500U and im trying to install a android os alongside it but whenever i boot through usb It never boots. It just looks like booting and automatically restarts the pc and the loop continues. Like when it enters into boot mode...
  4. Question on Windows OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on Windows OS: I had recently gotten a really bad blue screen error to the point that I needed to download windows on another laptop of mine and transfer it to my main PC. The issue here is that after installing this, my PC seems to be a lot slower, and I suspect the OS is the issue here....
  5. Question on Windows OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question on Windows OS: I had recently gotten a really bad blue screen error to the point that I needed to download windows on another laptop of mine and transfer it to my main PC. The issue here is that after installing this, my PC seems to be a lot slower, and I suspect the OS is the issue here....
  6. Question on Windows OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How To Change default os android os to Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Change default os android os to Windows: i have installed an android operating system and by mistake i have set it to default how to change it back to windows. when i switch on the pc it shows dell's logo and then directly opens the android os Note - it doesn't show windows logo on startup, so we cant open...
  8. windows os on android mobile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows os on android mobile: i want to install windows os on my 2 mobiles, ready to pay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-os-on-android-mobile/6fc0ff54-504d-4724-9d76-90b7c9f3fdd0
  9. Android OS on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Android OS on PC: Need to run PC on Android OS within Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-os-on-pc/52cb574e-bbee-4aaf-9663-f96002cb6bb7
  10. Re-Installation of Original OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Installation of Original OS: I bought Windows 10 pro original OS and installed in my computer recently I am facing some problems. So that I wanted to re-install the OS. I lost my original CD but I have Product ID 00330-71312-22123-AAOEM. Can I use the same product ID for the re-installation in the same...