Windows 10: Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition?

Discus and support Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In a fit of over zealous tidying up after installing Win 10 on my lappie, I deleted the 450MB Recovery Partition that the upgrade from Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Aug 12, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition?

In a fit of over zealous tidying up after installing Win 10 on my lappie, I deleted the 450MB Recovery Partition that the upgrade from Windows 7 created at the end of the main partition.

1) What was actually in that partition and why would I want it.

2) If I do want it, how to re-create it ...?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 12, 2015

2. Re-install didn't re-create 450MB Recovery Partition - how to re-create it?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to get in touch with the Manufacturer of your computer for better and expertize advice since the recovery partition\media is provided by them.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 12, 2015
  3. perdrix52 Win User
    Re-install didn't re-create 450MB Recovery Partition - how to re-create it?

I did an in place re-installation of Windows 10 after deleting the recovery partition and re-sizing the install partition to fill the disk. I expected this to re-create the recovery partition by carving 450MB out of the install partition, but that didn't
    happen.

What should I do to get this recovery partition re-built?

Thanks

Dave

perdrix52, Aug 12, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Recovery partition is where Windows stores the WinRe.wim which allows you to create a recovery disk or get into the recovery environment to repair/Trouble shoot/Restore/Reset/Refresh etc...

Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition? [​IMG]

Now that you've deleted it. Those features won't be available and you won't be able to create a USB Recovery disk.

topgundcp, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    And the only way to get it back (working properly) is to re-install / clean install the windows 10 OS

6. OldMike65 Win User
    After going from Win 7 to win 10 the upgrade made two extra partitions in my boot system. I only need the orginal which was 100mg (Windows 7) I found a GREAT partition utility and used the iso version booted from dvd and added
    the two partitions to my mine partition giving my main hd 900 megs more HD space. Rebooted and everything ran fine.

Program is called MiniTool Partition Wizard ,their are 2 versions, you want only the ISO version, burn it to a cd/dvd disk then boot to it. You can get back a lot of your hard drive space if you want too, just like it was before changing to Windows 10. Again this program is Free and works real well. No need to re-install your OS if you don't want too.

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    OldMike, how does the reset feature work for you ??

You would now have to (if needed) completely re-install OS, re-install all drivers, and re-download all the windows updates..
    Or you could of kept that 450MB partition and Just Reset the PC

8. OldMike65 Win User

That is NOT true sir!!! It was VERY easy to delete those partitions, then add them to my primary partition. Keeping my original system partition of 100mgs. I had NO problems. You have to change this partitions from the mini partition boot disk (ISO version) Did this about 10 days ago, had no problem. Worked fine.

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    One more thing, I gained 900mgs of hard drive space back after removing the recovery partitions, Windows 10 made TWO on my SSD each was 450mgs!! You don't need any recovery partition on your drive, just make one on a DVD.
    Best way is to backup your system , meaning a complete backup of hard drive. (system partition too) I've done it this way for years, this is the best method I think.

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2015
  10. nanakji Win User
    How exactly do you do that

nanakji, Dec 19, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    This is what I like to have:
    Combination Windows 10 and Kyhi's Recovery Tools USB flash drive

With a combination Windows 10 installation and Kyhi's recovery tools bootable USB flash drive you can do everything the recovery partition was capable of and much, much more including recovery of an image of your hard drive once you make one with Macrium Reflect.

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2016
  12. nanakji Win User
    Thanks sir for kind answer

nanakji, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition? - Similar Threads - Create 450MB Recovery

2. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  3. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  4. How to create a recovery partition?

How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  5. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  7. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  8. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

9. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?: Hi all...my nephew was futzing around on his laptop 'cleaning' it (he likes to THINK he knows what he is doing...) and deleted the Recovery Partition to save space, but now wants it back in case of a problem down the road. It's running the most recent version of Win10 Home....
  10. Recovery 450MB partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery 450MB partition: Hello, my first partition in my GPT disk is a recovery NTFS partition: 450MB total and 140MB used. After the CU it is broken (can't make USB disk anymore). What can I do to restore the functionality of such partition? I even tried with Macrium to copy that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore 450mb recovery partition

2. why windows reset dont create recovery partition

3. windows 10 re-create recovery partition

4. healthy recovery partition 450mb not working,
  5. why does windows 10 generate a 450MB recovery patition