Windows 10: re-enable windows key

Discus and support re-enable windows key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Jan 16, 2016.

1. SJMaye Win User

re-enable windows key

Hello,

I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot figure out how I did it before.

:)

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Beccie Win User

Disable xt9 / Re-enable the "sym" key?

I just got a new smartphone (Samsung c6625) and was deliriously happy when I discovered the "SYM" key, that opens up a menu where e.g, xt9 can be disabled. After four days of using the phone all of a sudden the key was disabled. When I press it now, nothing
    happens. No menu pops up. I have reset the phone (hard reset) to factory settings but the SYM key is still not working (in message mode). Please help me cause this is the only way to enable/disable the xt9 function which really, really annoys me.

For some reason, when using IE on my mobile for some reason the "SYM" key works. The menu opens up displaying all options:

1 XT9 English

2 ABC

3 123

4 Symbols

5 Language

6 xt9 my words

7 settings

8 about xt9

Especially 4 Symbols, 1 and 2 and 5 Language would be really nice to be able to access from text messages and e-mail as well. This worked for the first 4-5 days after I got the phone (see above). Please help me get it back!

Beccie, Jan 16, 2016
  3. windows 10 defender

Do you have a third party Antivirus enabled and in use? If so, it will disable Windows Defender. You will need to first uninstall that AV then it should re-enable Defender and give you access to tits features.

OR

Open Start, type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService

and modify the Start value from 4 to 2. Restart your computer to re-enable the Windows Defender Security Center Service.

Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Hit Enter

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

re-enable windows key

davidhk, Jan 16, 2016
  5. pbcopter Win User
    What keyboard do you have?
    Some have a switch to disable the Windows key so that it doesn't get accidentally pressed during games, etc.

pbcopter, Jan 16, 2016
  6. SJMaye Win User
    I use the MS Sidewinder X6 keyboard. I will look to see if there is an ability to disable/enable the key.

davidhk- Thx for the link. that is how I fixed it before, but could not find it. Thank you.

SJMaye, Jan 16, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

re-enable windows key

1. re-enable windows key - Similar Threads - enable key

2. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!: Restarted my computer trying to install a Windows Update which had been failing for a while.After my computer was restarted, it now asks for a 'Bitlocker Recovery Key'.I have never enabled Bitlocker. It must have been triggered by the Windows Update somehow.I cannot find the...
  3. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!: Restarted my computer trying to install a Windows Update which had been failing for a while.After my computer was restarted, it now asks for a 'Bitlocker Recovery Key'.I have never enabled Bitlocker. It must have been triggered by the Windows Update somehow.I cannot find the...
  4. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?: Hi I used this tutorial a while ago and it worked but now I want to revert back to normal on this regedit so my Home button works again.Here is the tutorial I used for disabling the Home button, now I want it to work, please help!...
  6. Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?

Hey I want to enable the home key in windows Regedit?: Hi I used this tutorial a while ago and it worked but now I want to revert back to normal on this regedit so my Home button works again.Here is the tutorial I used for disabling the Home button, now I want it to work, please help!...
  7. Need Help Enabling cntrl key on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Enabling cntrl key on laptop: Hi guys! I hope you are doing a wonderful day, i have a problem with my laptop, you see i a few years ago i disabled the "cntrl" key on my laptop via device manager i think im not entirely sure,anyway i thought restoring the laptop on factory settings would return it back to...
  8. Need Help Enabling cntrl key on laptop

Need Help Enabling cntrl key on laptop: Hi guys! I hope you are doing a wonderful day, i have a problem with my laptop, you see i a few years ago i disabled the "cntrl" key on my laptop via device manager i think im not entirely sure,anyway i thought restoring the laptop on factory settings would return it back to...
  9. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...
  10. How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?

How do we enable Kyber cipher suites via gpo for the ssl registry keys?: I've been attempting to enable Kyber ciphers via the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\CipherSuitesBut I can't find a format to follow anywhere; I know it runs off TLS1.2, and 1.3, which we have enabled. I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re-enable windows key