Windows 10: Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

Discus and support Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Every few days I receive a message pop up stating please re-enter network credentials for file history, to back up to my NAS. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by djwoody, Apr 21, 2018.

1. djwoody Win User

Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

Hi everyone.
    Every few days I receive a message pop up stating please re-enter network credentials for file history, to back up to my NAS.

I then have to go into File History, turn off and then turn back on. It then works straight away (with no need to enter my password again).

Any ideas what is happening?

Chris

:)

djwoody, Apr 21, 2018
  2. Surazal Win User

File History: Re-enter credentials after restarts

After restarts, I am always asked to re-enter my credentials by File History even though I have ticked the "Remember my credentials" box.

The backup folder for File History is on another PC running Windows 10 Pro as is the Surface Pro 2 which is having the problem. Both machines use my Microsoft Account.

The Surface Pro 2 is able to access other machines on my network without having to re-enter credentials, however, the other machines have different Microsoft Accounts. In addition, the PC containing the File History folder is able to view the Surface Pro
    2's files without needing re-entry of the credentials.

I opened the Credential Manager and checked that the credentials are being saved correctly - they are. The problem is that the credentials do not persist after restarts (or after signing out).

I also noticed that any folders shared using Advanced Sharing, do not show in File Explorer until after I have re-entered my credentials.

I did not experience this problem under Windows 8.1. Both the Surface Pro 2 and the PC have been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (rather than doing a clean install).

Any help in resolving this issue will be very much appreciated.

Surazal, Apr 21, 2018
  3. File History: Re-enter credentials after restarts

Hi,

Thank you for pasting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.

Update Network drivers:

* Type Device Manager on the search bar.

* Search for Network Adapters and expand it.

* Right click on the network driver and select
    Update driver software.

* Click on OK.

* After updating the drivers restart
    your computer.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

Hi djwoody

I would check your NAS. Maybe a security setting that is logging you out or a maintenance schedule within the NAS.

Are you mapping a drive from your computer to your NAS?

Map Network Drive in Windows 10

Might help members if they knew what type of NAS you have?

Caledon Ken, Apr 23, 2018
Thema:

Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error

1. Re Enter Network Credentials for File History error - Similar Threads - Enter Network Credentials

2. Enter Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials: I'm not exactly why Microsoft has, somehow, made the setup of a simple, small, home network so difficult, but it clearly has.Two computers on the same network, one Win 10, one Win 11. The Win 10 computer can be discovered, the Win 10 computer requires no password.The Win 11...
  3. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: I created a share on my computer, but other computers can't see the share. I keep getting the message Enter Network Credentials even though I turned off password on my wireless network....
  4. File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials: I am trying to send a very large file on my desktop over my network to my laptop.Both my Accounts on my Desktop and Laptop use my Outlook account as the login.When I try to access either computers the Windows Security Pop-up says to Enter network Credentials.I try entering my...
  5. File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials

File Explorer>Network - Enter network credentials: I am trying to send a very large file on my desktop over my network to my laptop.Both my Accounts on my Desktop and Laptop use my Outlook account as the login.When I try to access either computers the Windows Security Pop-up says to Enter network Credentials.I try entering my...
  6. Enter network credentials

Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  7. Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  8. enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enter network credentials: When trying to access other computers or my nas on my network I get the prompt to enter my network credentials. I can access them through remote access, or in the case of my Nas, the windows store app but not through file manager.I have tried every combination know to man, My...
  9. Enter network Credentials

Enter network Credentials: Every few months I try and connect to our house network 2 PCs and printers. I have never been able to get past the Network Credentials problem. Where or how do I gain access to the other items? Please....
  10. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the same the other way. Password protected sharing is turned off on both; but both are asking for Network Credentials. Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history backups reenter credentials