Windows 10: re fresh win10 start menu

Discus and support re fresh win10 start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. re fresh win10 start menu

My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it up and its working now.

What do you think the processes or services are, the ones locking up the start menu data.

============
    cls
    echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
    echo.
    echo.
    attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2
    attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.*
    start /wait net stop wuauserv
    start /wait net stop CryptSvc
    start /wait net stop BITS
    del /q /s /f %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.*
    del /q /s /f %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\*.*
    del /q /s /f "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader\*.*"
    start /wait net Start BITS
    start /wait net start CryptSvc
    start /wait net start wuauserv
    echo.
    echo Task completed successfully...
    echo.
    PAUSE

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Aug 5, 2016

2. Question on "most used" list in Win10

So I want to start fresh with my "most used" list in Win10 start menu. I was wondering if I remove an item from this list and end up using the particular item a lot in the future will it re-populate onto the list? I do not want to remove items and have
    them never be allowed to re-populate onto the list in the future.

Thanks in advance,

myomerta603, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Home: Start menu doesn't work, Right click doesn't work on Taskbar icons, Notification doésn't work, Clock not displayed.

I did a system restore, re installed a fresh copy of Win10, the "solution" worked for a month, two days ago it started again re fresh win10 start menu :(

AndrésRuiz, Aug 5, 2016
  4. ELI
    Eli Win User

re fresh win10 start menu

re fresh win10 start menu [​IMG]

5. I'e shut off explorer many times, signed out nothing worked, then sometimes its so bad even a reboot dose not work but that was due to how hibernation works I think.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

re fresh win10 start menu

1. re fresh win10 start menu - Similar Threads - fresh win10 start

2. Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10: Start Menu Tiles get restored/re-arranged after reboot: I've searched for this and could only find something similar but it didn't help despite following A.User's steps mentioned there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-in-windows-10-start-menu-repeatedly-messed/76f4a919-0b70-4f75-a71a-a79bca0e3763 When...
  3. Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.: [ATTACH] Hi, i installed windows 10 two days ago, and I ran into a strange behaviour. The default apps + home logo are grey out instead of having a blue background in the start menu. I tried reinstalling, updating but nothing helped :/ Can you guys help me? Here's a...
  4. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC: Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images: [img] On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd...
  5. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Support
    re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC: Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images: [img] On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd...
  6. Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question

Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question: What does 'keep personal file, settings and apps' mean? To be more specific - I'd like to reset my pc. Fully. But would like the previous installation to be moved to the windows.old folder, so that I can hand-pick files to move to the new installation. Does either Fresh...
  7. Re-install Windows 10 start menu

Re-install Windows 10 start menu: I want to revert to using the Windows 10 start menu. I am currently using the 'classic' start menu since I originally installed Win 8/Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-windows-10-start-menu/47602165-3d4c-47e6-9c0f-2315a45926e1
  8. Win10 Start Menu cascading menus

Win10 Start Menu cascading menus: Is it possible to have the cascading menus with Win 10 as were in Win7? You put your mouse over a folder and it opens up, I can't find out how to do this with 10. Many thanks 40037
  9. Win10 sysyprep and start menu

Win10 sysyprep and start menu: Does anyone know if Microsoft has acknowledged the fact that sysprep breaks the start menu, cortana and search? 32281
  10. Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Re-register Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps, settings, and files can all be found on the Start menu. If the Start menu is not working, then re-registering the Start menu may help fix it. This...