Windows 10: Re-install cortana and search functionality?

Discus and support Re-install cortana and search functionality? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SirChick, Aug 20, 2016.

1. SirChick Win User

Re-install cortana and search functionality?

Hello

So i recently updated my PC to the latest windows ten anniversary update, and it re-installed Cortana, so i ran the well known uninstall file to remove it. But it seems in this update removing Cortana breaks the search functionality as well.

Is there a way to re-install Cortana so i can get back the functionality?

:)

SirChick, Aug 20, 2016

2. cortana and search option not working

When i switch on my laptop and I noticed that Cortana is absent from the task bar and my search option from start menu is also not working . Right clicking on the task bar gives me the option of showing
    the search icon (not Cortana) and if I do this, the search button does nothing. Similarly, I can find an entry for Cortana in the all apps listing on the start menu, but clicking it does nothing. If I do a search for Cortana in the settings menu, it brings
    up an entry for "Cortana & Search Settings System Settings" but again, clicking this does nothing. So, does anyone here know if there is a way of re-installing or repairing Cortana short of doing a re-install of Windows?

SidharthGutpa, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Drysofar Win User
    Cortana / search not working

As a new Insider preview has not yet been released, My problem still exists. Is there any way to force a re install of Cortana / Search?

Drysofar, Aug 20, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Do a repair upgrade - dowload latest iso, double click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

cereberus, Aug 20, 2016
  5. SirChick Win User
    If it's an iso do i have to put it to USB and boot to it like how traditional OS Installs are done?

SirChick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re-install cortana and search functionality? - Similar Threads - install cortana search

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  5. Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search

in Cortana
    Cortana search function didn't return the app I intended for it to search: 2 seconds ago Cortana still could search for the Windows Mail app but all a sudden it could only give me Settings app as a result. Did not do anything previously and it suddenly couldn't search for the app. Tried re-indexing but still couldn't search for it. Any solutions?...
  6. Re-installing Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-installing Cortana: I recently had a session weeding out old programs from my PC, and in the process made copious use of CCleaner to clean up the registry and get rid of all the junk. All went well, and my PC is running nice and quick, however, today I noticed that Cortana is absent from the...
  7. PC Search function after deleting Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Search function after deleting Cortana: If I take ownership and delete Cortana from Windows/SystemApps will my search function on the taskbar still work (that is, search within the PC)? 14869
  8. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...
  9. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions: Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search...
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756