Windows 10: Re Install Windows Defender

Discus and support Re Install Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I disabled Defender, and installed Trend Micro. I now want to let the Trend expire and reinstall Defender, but can't figure out how to do it. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JPL, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JPL
    JPL Win User

Re Install Windows Defender

I disabled Defender, and installed Trend Micro. I now want to let the Trend expire and reinstall Defender, but can't figure out how to do it. I've tried Control Pane, but get message that says "Defender Disabled" but no "Enable" button. Help, please.

:)

2. CWS666 Win User

Windows Defender has turned itself off and can't be turned on

[Merged]

Original title: How can I re-install Windows Defender?

I have Windows 10 and had Windows Defender. I no longer have it and the entry is no longer in the registry. I am unable to import WinDefend.reg into the registry. How can I re-install Windows Defender please?

CWS666, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Windows Defender

How do you re-install Windows Defender?

Sandra Averhart-Schoewe, Jan 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Have you also uninstalled Trend?

garydexter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re Install Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Install Defender

2. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  3. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  6. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  7. hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...

hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum and disabled...: hello i have installed an app called windows defender disabler from sordum org and disabled windows defender but cant get it back on so anyone can help me?...
  8. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  9. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  10. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install system mechanic

2. update system mechanic pro

3. system mechanic app will not run