Windows 10: Re: Intel Security

Discus and support Re: Intel Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received a phone call based out of Florida stating that my Intel Security licence needed to be updated, and I am wondering if this in deed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShannonRogers2, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ShannonRogers2 Win User

Re: Intel Security

I just received a phone call based out of Florida stating that my Intel Security licence needed to be updated, and I am wondering if this in deed the case? I did not give any information to the fellow on the other end of the phone. Please advise. Thank you. Shannon

:)

ShannonRogers2, Aug 10, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Melchizedek Qui Win User
    intel security assist

Hello lindamWZ,

You can check the links below to help you reinstall Intel Security Assist:

For more information, you can also go to your device manufacturer's website check for the installer of the said software.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 10, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Re: Intel Security - Similar Threads - Intel Security

2. Intel and Arm IoT Vision to Securely Connect 'Any Device to Any Cloud'

in Windows 10 News
    Intel and Arm IoT Vision to Securely Connect 'Any Device to Any Cloud': Uniting IoT Device Ecosystems and Enabling Dynamic Singular Provisioning Model The Internet of Things (IoT) is transitioning from first proof-of-concept deployments into a new growth phase that is expected, according to industry analysts, to deploy 1 trillion devices by...
  3. Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00179 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel®...
  4. Intel RAID Web Server 3 Service Advisory for security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel RAID Web Server 3 Service Advisory for security vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00171 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Raid Web Server 3 may allow...
  5. Intel NUC Bios Updater Advisory for potential security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Bios Updater Advisory for potential security vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00168 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® NUC EBU firmware update...
  6. Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue: Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force...
  7. Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

in Windows 10 News
    Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine: Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Issue (SA-00125) Last Reviewed: 12-Sep-2018 Article ID: 000030079 Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access...
  8. Windows Monthly Cumulative Security Updates & Intel Micro Code updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Monthly Cumulative Security Updates & Intel Micro Code updates: Will the Intel Mico Code updates for the specter vulnerability (Kb4091664) ever be rolled into the monthly cumulative security updates? Or will these stay stand alone like the last service stack update?...
  9. Intel Power Management Controller (PMC) Security Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Power Management Controller (PMC) Security Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00131 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in power management...
  10. Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00176 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in...