Windows 10: RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick

Discus and support RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I understand the Stick is not good enough for "power users" and sophisticated gurus, but......... why it is not popular among the "normal" computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidhk, Jan 19, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick

I understand the Stick is not good enough for "power users" and sophisticated gurus, but.........
    why it is not popular among the "normal" computer users who use computers mainly for emailing, web surfing, movie/video watching , you know, the "normal" daily chores ?

The price differential comparing to a laptop/desktop is huge.

I am interested in getting a Intel Compute Stick for myself. 4GB-64GB variety.

:)

davidhk, Jan 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Media Center

I think Microsoft is missing a major opportunity by killing off Media Center. With more devices coming out that plug into a TV's HDMI port that can run Windows, this would be a perfect place to market Media Center. I'm talking about PCs on an HDMI dongle
    stick like the Intel Compute Stick and all the similar Chinese clones, and Mini PC "TV box" devices which can be purchased around $100 with Windows pre-installed. These devices are becoming more and more popular, and what these devices need, is a 10ft UI
    like Media Center.

GnatGoSplat, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Progress installing the Windows 10 November update stops responding at 97%

I can try that if you pay me LOL!

I have given up on Windows 10 on the Intel Compute Stick.

I have upgraded instead to Windows 8.1 Professional with Media Center, I like Media Center on the compute stick as it takes little space and I can hook it up to any HDMI monitor/TV.

So thank you, there was a mixed blessing for me in this mess, it made me appreciate Windows Media Center use with an HDMI Mini PC RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick ;)

On all my other devices, upgrade went OK.

NabilHassani, Jan 19, 2018
  4. RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick

I imagine most people don't like to do e-mail or surf the web on the TV. So you still need a monitor (with HDMI port), keyboard, and mouse. The people who have all those things probably already have a PC that still works and is faster than one of these PC sticks.

The people who don't will likely go towards a low-end laptop or tablet for simplicity's sake. I think you overestimate people's willingness to learn how to plug 3 things in. And I'm sure your local Walmart or Best Buy won't be pushing these very hard so most people don't even know about them.

PolarNettles, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick

1. RE : Just a curious question about HDMI Mini Win 10 PC Stick - Similar Threads - curious question HDMI

2. I am just curious about these.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am just curious about these.: I. Why did MS said to love Linux? In my opinion, they just said it to migrate to Linux to Windows because of WSL, and make them buy their products, than simply love open source. I used WSL, but things like Libre is slow, but MS office 2010 is faster. I have used other ones,...
  3. Curious about this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  4. Question about hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about hdmi to tv: When I connect my laptop to my TV via a HDMI cable it shows the laptop screen. This allows me to play videos on my laptop and view them on my TV screen. But if I open another window, say an internet browser, then that window gets shown on the TV and the video gets covered...
  5. just curious

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  6. just curious

in Windows 10 Support
    just curious: How many of you have more than 2 external drives attached to your system? I have 4 ,storage , backups, video and pic editing, and just text , music and comics. How many of you have moved your dvd to "a" or "b" drive? originally old floppy drives? Mines B drive. 129372
  7. Just curious

in Windows 10 Support
    Just curious: When Windows 10 is installed on a computer that already has another version of Windows(7,8.1) is the original version completely uninstalled? 112975
  8. Just curious about my HD ('s)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just curious about my HD ('s): When I look at the specifications, it shows these: Hard Drives 1 TB (SATA); 6 GB (Solid State Hybrid); 8 GB (Solid State) Does that mean there are three hard drives or is it three-in-one Hard drive? 26414
  9. Curious about Win 10 installs

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious about Win 10 installs: Is there a difference between a full install of Win 10 and the free upgrade? What I'm trying to ask is, once its installed, can you tell what you have? 15289
  10. Just Curious ... Why is everyone excited about Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Just Curious ... Why is everyone excited about Windows 10 ??: I laugh when I see people get excited over something they know absolutely nothing about. The innocence and ignorance is quite charming and child-like. Use Windows 10 for a few minutes and you find out you can't change the desktop icons font ... gone is the ability for me...