Windows 10: re keep shutting restarting

Discus and support re keep shutting restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; first time it done it in a month no idea whats causing it? can anyone plz help? regards adam + System - Provider [ Name]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adamjarred, Jul 14, 2018.

1. re keep shutting restarting

first time it done it in a month no idea whats causing it? can anyone plz help?
    regards

adam

+ System

- Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
    EventID 41
    Version 6
    Level 1
    Task 63
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8000400000000002
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2018-07-13T00:37:02.198840200Z
    EventRecordID 66268
    Correlation
    -
    Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    Channel System
    Computer DESKTOP-1JFOKPS
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    BugcheckCode
    BugcheckParameter1 0x4
    BugcheckParameter2 0x12c
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffff9e02392ef040
    BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff8027c45c900
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0

:)

adamjarred, Jul 14, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused re keep shutting restarting :confused:*Mad re keep shutting restarting :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Cake5 Win User
    Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Jul 14, 2018
  4. re keep shutting restarting

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

re keep shutting restarting

1. re keep shutting restarting - Similar Threads - keep shutting restarting

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  6. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing: For reference, I am running windows 10 on my PC. Every time I play games after a little while, my PC either shuts off completely or restarts. Sometimes a blue screen appears, but other times it doesn't; it simply crashes. Also, sometimes my PC will just freeze, so I have to...
  7. My PC keeps computer keeps restarting/shutting off and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly: Hi,while working with my desktop PC, not doing anything unusual, the PC suddenly shuts down and goes through the entire boot up process.I have done or checked the following already, without any effect:- disabled "Automatically restart" in System Failure settings- I have run...
  9. Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly

Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly: Hi,while working with my desktop PC, not doing anything unusual, the PC suddenly shuts down and goes through the entire boot up process.I have done or checked the following already, without any effect:- disabled "Automatically restart" in System Failure settings- I have run...
  10. it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again: it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/it-keeps-shutting-down-and-restarting-now-and/73a359e5-d415-44e5-b844-d3ef903b2e82