Windows 10: re-register device on different Microsoft account

Discus and support re-register device on different Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,my personal desktop computer turns out to be registered on a work account at a place where I am no longer employed. I imagine this happened when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Es__bo, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Es__bo Win User

re-register device on different Microsoft account

Hi,my personal desktop computer turns out to be registered on a work account at a place where I am no longer employed. I imagine this happened when I logged in to Teams from home several months ago. I found out the hard way this morning, as apparently BitLocker was automatically enabled and it seems that a Windows update triggered it.I managed to recover the key with help from my old boss.I need to re-register the device, together with BitLocker and everything, to my personal Microsoft account.I have backed up the files that I can but I have several programs with personalized setting that I wo

:)

Es__bo, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Kol12 Win User

Register device with Microsoft account.

Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC?

Kol12, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Davidt99 Win User
    Microsoft Account devices list.

Thank you again but thats not the problem either.

I should be able to login to my Microsoft online account from any of my 4 PC's and see the exact same devices listed i.e. all 4 PC's should show up within the account devices list but they dont. Each PC displays a different device list.

Davidt99, Jul 10, 2024
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

1. re-register device on different Microsoft account - Similar Threads - register device different

2. re-register device on different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-register device on different Microsoft account: Hi,my personal desktop computer turns out to be registered on a work account at a place where I am no longer employed. I imagine this happened when I logged in to Teams from home several months ago. I found out the hard way this morning, as apparently BitLocker was...
  3. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  4. how to register dell device on microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to register dell device on microsoft account?: I tried to register dell device on microsoft account for which it asks about serial number. Serial number provided on dell device is not working...
  5. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  6. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  7. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Register device with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  9. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  10. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...