Windows 10: Re-register Store app in Windows 10

Discus and support Re-register Store app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

If the Store app doesn't open, hangs, or not working correctly, then re-registering the Store will usually fix this issue.

This tutorial will show you how to re-register Microsoft Store app for your account or all users in Windows 10.

*note Make sure that you have the correct time set to avoid the Store having syncing issues.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Re-register Microsoft Store app for Current User
    • Option Two: Re-register Microsoft Store app for All Users

OPTION ONE [/i] Re-register Microsoft Store app for Current User
    1. Terminate the Microsoft Store app to make sure it's closed and not running.

2. Open PowerShell

3. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Re-register Store app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. When finished, you can close PowerShell, and try opening the Microsoft Store app again.

OPTION TWO [/i] Re-register Microsoft Store app for All Users

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.
    1. Terminate the Microsoft Store app to make sure it's closed and not running.

2. Open an elevated PowerShell

3. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Re-register Store app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. When finished, close the elevated PowerShell,

5. Restart the computer to apply.

6. Try opening the Microsoft Store app again.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Re-register Store app in Windows 10

It looks like you didn't get all of the command copied. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Evergap Win User
    May I ask how do you copy and paste the full command seeing the command is only partially shown in that box-if you highlight the exposed text then try to move right while still highlighted so you can finish the copy and paste it fails you lose the highlight. At least that is my problem with that box. Why not just post the command so you can copy and post it easier?

Just askin*Smile -Thanks!

Evergap, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No problem. Double clicking on the text in the code box will select all of it. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  7. My error is with a double click. Is it using a 10 Pro feature?

I followed this version which seems to be working, but it's taking a long time doing this:
    Code: Deployment operation progress: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.20.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxM Initialized[/quote]

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, please go ahead and post a screenshot showing all of the command prompt to see if it may reveal a culprit. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Re-register Store app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't see anything wrong with the command in your screenshot. It may be that a break in the command line is being entered when copied into the command prompt. See if copying and pasting the command from below may work without the code box.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  11. Re-register Store app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

It may be a moot point now, I tried some other "advice" which accumulated to me deleting the entire C:\Users\Graham\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder. I tried a system reset which did a BSOD loop before restoring.

I realized I had forgotten to add the link in post #5 so I re added it. Store app broken - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Usually when this happens, you'll need to manually type the command instead to avoid a break. *Sad

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

Command should be fine though, I opened it up in notepad++ and looked for hidden characters.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, the command is fine. It still works for me. For some reason, it seems that you're getting a break when pasting it causing the error.

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  15. I found the problem. SmartQuotes.
    Your version:
    Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”[/quote] My version:
    Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote]

Thema:

1. Re-register Store app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - register Store app

2. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register: Hi Guys, like many others my Windows Store App is missing in my Windows 10, including from Installed Apps list.I already tried all the possible solutions found on the web, including:sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth Windows...
  3. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register: Hi Guys, like many others my Windows Store App is missing in my Windows 10, including from Installed Apps list.I already tried all the possible solutions found on the web, including:sfc /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth Windows...
  4. Windows Store App missing and not able to Re-Register

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store not re-registering

Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  6. Microsoft Store not re-registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not re-registering: Recently,Microsoft Store dont Xbox Game Bar dont work anymore.I have tried a couple of methods found on the internet such as the PowerShell method but it gets stuck at Initializing.I have also tried the CMD method but i got an error:Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  7. Microsoft Store not re-registering

8. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  9. Re-Registering win10 apps

Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....